Sekiro: Blocky shadows in right eye

Homepage Forums Technical Support Sekiro: Blocky shadows in right eye

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Flubbadu
    Participant

I’m playing through Sekiro with immersive 3D, using the geometry setting for 3D. In some areas of Sekiro, there are areas of the game that are blocked from the view of the left eye… in these areas I see (or, sometimes see) what looks like very blocky, jagged, shadow effects that should not be there in the image in my right eye. In another area, I saw what looked like a solid black rectangle on the wall in only my right eye. The image in the left eye always seems correct as far as I can tell.

It does not happen in Z3D of course, but I would rather use the geometry setting since it is much nicer most of the time.

Graphics Card: Geforce RTX 2700 Super

Ralf
    Keymaster

Just a guess: If by any chance you have raised the 3D-Strength above the default value, please change it back to default (1.0). That’s generally good advice whenever you encounter lighting issues in a G3D game.

Flubbadu
    Participant

3D-Strength was already at 1.0, adjusting did not fix the issue except by setting to 0.0 of course.

Here is what I am seeing in the right eye:
    Right eye image

Issue appears to only occur in lighted areas, like looking at the patch of illuminated floor around this torch. If I set up the same perspective in a dark area, there is no issue. It is like the area is not getting the proper lighting data for the area obscured in the left eye image.

I have tried adjusting all the settings in the vorpx menu in-game and also changing graphic settings on the game itself but none seem to have any effect.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Could you provide a savegame? Unfortunately I’m too bad at this game to play anything but the beginning, can’t recall to have seen something like this in the start area. If possible please send a savegame showing this issue without having to fight someone to support |at| vorpx com.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Rushed through a fairly large portion of the game with a trainer yesterday and today until I ultimately got stuck at a door I couldn’t open in/after the Sunken Valley area without encountering this issue once. Probably worth 5 or 6 hours of actual gameplay.

I definitely will need a savegame to investigate this. You can find your Sekiro savegame in the C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\Sekiro folder.

The AppData folder is hidden per default. If you can’t see it, enable ‘Show hidden files’ in your Windows Explorer options.

I fixed another glitch though that I encountered during testing: there was some flicker with fog in front of the player character occasionally. That one will be fixed in the next vorpX version.

Flubbadu
    Participant

I have sent an email with the save file. I have been playing the game with a first person mod which makes the issue more noticeable I think. However, I was able to see it in third person as well (this is from the position in the save file I sent):

tree shadow

Ralf
    Keymaster

That looks more like something that may happen occasionally due to the way the game calculates its lighting. It should hardly ever be worse than the few pixels visible in your second screenshot though.

What looks definitely wrong is your first screenshot, if possible I’d be very interested in a savegame exhibiting this glitch.

Zander
    Participant

I’ve noticed that the sun and moon flicker on and off as well.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Fixed that together the fog flicker I mentioned above. The updated profile will be included in a maintenance release, probably sometime next week.

Flubbadu
    Participant

In order to get an effect as big as in the first screenshot you have to use the first person mod: https://www.nexusmods.com/sekiro/mods/474

Here is another example with comparison of first versus third person:
    1st person
    3rd person

The screenshot I posted first in this thread is the most extreme case, you must be:
    1. Looking down at an illuminated patch
    2. In a dark area
    3. With something big blocking left eye but not right eye

In that case, the first person mod makes Sekiro invisible except for his arms, and if you are looking down while Sekiro is facing to the right, his left shoulder will block a good chunk of the image. Since it is so close to the camera, it can make a large difference in perspective between left and right eye.

I will send the save from the above screenshots in case you want it. If you really want the spot from the first screenshot maybe I can provide it later this week, but I am fairly confident it is the same issue, and like I said, it is just an extreme but uncommon case.

Ralf
    Keymaster

That’s an issue caused by the mod then. I’ll check it, but don’t expect anything, unlikely that I can do something about it.

In general: first thing to try in case of issues when playing a game with mods should always be to try without.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!