Sekiro rendering in left eye only with G3D

Homepage Forums Technical Support Sekiro rendering in left eye only with G3D

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    magicmars
    Participant

Hi there, sorry for hijacking previous threads as I didn’t know how to start a forum topic. Anyway, so I’m using the default vorpX profile for this game (immersive screen mode) and whenever I select G3D the game only renders in my left eye, however with Z-normal and Z-adaptive it renders in both eyes (albeit without any sort of 3D effect no matter how much I play with the sliders). Using an unmodded game, not sure what could be causing this. On latest Win10 build, latest Nvidia drivers (3090/i7 10700k). Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Ogrescar
    Participant

You probably need to set Geometry mode if the vorpx menu, click “ok and save”, and restart the game. Vorpx may skip some steps for performance reasons if you start a game up in a z-mode.

magicmars
    Participant

Thanks for the response. I tried switching to both Z-3D Modes and then clicking “OK and Save” and relaunching the game. It renders in both eyes in both Z modes but even when switching to G3D after launching the game (and saving it and relaunching the game with G3D as the first option) it still only renders in the left eye.

Ogrescar
    Participant

I’d suggest resetting the profile to factory default and checking for game overlays or av programs that may be interfering then. I was playing Sekiro in G3D just a couple of weeks ago, so it’s not the profile.

You may want to update your video drivers as well if you haven’t done so recently and set all the game’s graphics options to low – I don’t think there’s anything in there that would break Sekiro’s G3D but I could be mistaken.

magicmars
    Participant

Reset profile to factory default, no overlays or AV software are running. Drivers are also on latest versions. Same issue is happening unfortunately. Every other game I’ve tried in G3D from the supported games list has worked fine, it’s just this one that’s giving me trouble.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Maybe it’s some game option you have enabled. Worth a shot to reset the ingame graphics details to default. Same for GPU driver settings if you tweaked something there. Forced driver antialiasing for example can cause problems in some cases.

If you find a specific game setting that causes the issue, let me know. I could than set it automatically to the safe value in a future update.

magicmars
    Participant

Rolling back my driver from 461.40 to 460.89 fixed the issue. Doesn’t look like it had anything to do with the graphics settings. Thanks for the help!

EDIT: The game had launched in Z-3D, so I was actually mistaken. Rolling back the driver and adjusting the graphics settings doesn’t seem to have fixed the issue either unfortunately.

magicmars
    Participant

I’m going to reinstall the game overnight and see if that fixes the issue.

magicmars
    Participant

So, reinstalling the game didn’t fix this either. So in summary I’ve tried:

Reinstalling and rolling back drivers to previous version.
    Changing all graphics settings to low and playing around with various resolutions and changing from windowed to fullscreen.
    Relaunching the game after saving both G3D and Z3D as my preferred 3D rendering method.
    Checked for any monitoring software/overlays or antivirus applications.
    Resetting profile to factory default in vorpX.
    Reinstalled the game.

Is there anything else I can do? Was really looking forward to playing this game in some sort of 3D. Unsure if this is relevant, but when I select either Z3D mode and there’s no sort of 3D effect either (no matter how much I adjust the intensity slider). Thanks for your time and help.

Ogrescar
    Participant

Something weird is happening with your game version or the hook itself. I just checked the game and all modes work, including z-normal and z-adaptive. I’m running the GOTY version, but it should work with other versions irregardless. Maybe there’s a duplicate profile that creeped its way into your local profiles – it doesn’t sound like the Sekiro profile is getting loaded correctly.

I’d try uninstalling vorpx, reboot, and re-install.

magicmars
    Participant

Alright I’ll uninstall it and see if that fixes it. Can’t see what else would be causing this so it must be something like that. Thanks for your help :)

magicmars
    Participant

So uninstalling vorpX didn’t fix the issue either, although when uninstalling I didn’t delete the registry entries as that would have deleted the license information too and I wasn’t sure how to go about re-activating the program. Should I try uninstalling while deleting those registry entries too? and if so how do I go about getting a new key? Thanks

magicmars
    Participant

Also tried the full factory reset from within vorpX, which didn’t work either.
    Really struggling to see what could be affecting this one game

Ogrescar
    Participant

I can’t really answer your question about the registry stuff, but I don’t think that it matters. You can try re-installing Sekiro – it’s a long shot, but from your description of the problem, the game and the profile don’t match.

If you have the GOTY edition you can see if it works offline. Another long shot, but I’m running out of ideas.

dborosev
    Participant

Mine only renders my left eye too in G3D. No 3d at all in Z3D.
    Anyone find a solution to this?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!