Serious judder in Reaident Evil 7

Homepage Forums Game Hints and Settings Serious judder in Reaident Evil 7

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    lipplog
    Participant

Following this guide and this Update, I finally managed to get Resident Evil on the right FOV. But the judder I’m getting is making it unplayable. Even with the settings on Low with a 1080. Anyone know what could be causing the studdering?

lipplog
    Participant

I’ve also turned off shadow cache, Dynamic shadows, and set shadows to very low. Now the shadows just flicker like crazy. And the studdering is still there.

JESUSTAYS
    Participant

I get this problem on gta 5 using the new update makes inside the vehicles accurate but now judder after five minutes.I take off the headset and it works fine but on taking it back to vr environment it judders.Like overheating quickly while such a low fps.Praise Jesus!

lipplog
    Participant

the latest update fixed everything for me. And the FOV mod was also updated. I recommend it for flawless distortion free image.
    http://www.wsgf.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=95&t=31880&start=230

OlDirty
    Participant

I can play RE 7 but have massiv judder when i move my head in the game. If i look around with the gamepads joystick everything is fine. It’s just when i look around turning my head. Any advice?

Ralf
    Keymaster

Did you maybe disable the “X-Box Gamepad Override” in the vorpX menu? IIRC it is on per default for this game since it doesn’t like gamepad and mouse (emulated by vorpX for head tracking) to be used at the same time.

If you disabled it, please reset the profile to default in the config app.

More general: When “X-Box Gamepad Override” is on per default, it’s usually on for the reason above and should not be turned off. In fact the sole reason for vorpX’s built in gamepad mapper is dealing with games that dislike mouse/gamepad to be used at the same time.

OlDirty
    Participant

Thanks for the info, but “Override XBox Game pad” is set to “FULL”. So that should be ok.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Just checked it, no problem here, so I don’t think there is a general issue.

First please make sure that the game runs with at least half your headset’s refresh rate. You can check the frame rate with ALT+F.

Please also try to enable FluidSync in the vorpX menu (or set it to auto), most headsets should work fine without it, but it can help with judder by capping the framerate to half the refresh rate of your headset if the full rate can’t be reached.

If you happen to have a Windows Mixed Reality headset, FluidSync should definitely be on at all times since WMR headsets don’t really like uneven frame rates.

If you don’t know whether you maybe changed this or other sync related settings, a full factory reset (config app/trouble shooting) would also be worth a shot.

Apart from that I’m out of ideas, I’m afraid.

OlDirty
    Participant

I found a solution for the judder. I have a HP Reverb headset (so WMR). I set the refreshrate in the WMR settings to 60HZ instead of 90HZ or automatic. Now i have constant 60Hz and i can look around without any judder.

chtiblue
    Participant

I found a solution for the judder. I have a HP Reverb headset (so WMR). I set the refreshrate in the WMR settings to 60HZ instead of 90HZ or automatic. Now i have constant 60Hz and i can look around without any judder.

Thanks I will try that in RDR2 because I have constant judder in RDR2

haints
    Participant

Is the “split hand” issue fixed in RE 7 now?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!