Setting up for the first time

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Setting up for the first time

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Foxhound
    Participant

Hey Guys

Firstly, can i say great job Vorpx with the program looks so damn interesting, looking into using your program and vorpx in Project Reality 2. But im having difficulty setting the oculus and vorpx up.

Im using Battlefield 3 as my testing platform for the time been, however ive looked at the other threads but i seem to be missing steps or something. Ive connected the oculus rift up to my pc, installed Vorpx, ive made a bf3 vorpx shortcut.

It should also be mentioned, when i do the configuration screen the config is perfect, the picture lines up perfectly, but after i leave the screen it looks all weird and not aligned. Is there something that im missing here? Should i also completely disable my main screen and just use the oculus rift or am i not setting it up correctly.

Any help would be much appreciated :)

Ralf
    Keymaster

Hi Foxhound,

The safest settings display wise are “Use system settings” in vorpX and clone mode in the Windows display properties, combined with the Rifts default screen resolution of 1280×800 in game. Other settings might or might not work correctly, depending on graphics card, driver settings etc. So it’s best to use the ‘safe settings’ first, and experiment from there.

If the images still do not line up with these settings, you should try to lower the IPD a few millimeters, which might also be the cause of the issue.

Hope that helps.

Foxhound
    Participant

Cheers Ralf, Will try it now :)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!