Shader authoring refuses to save and resets each launch of a game

Homepage Forums Technical Support Shader authoring refuses to save and resets each launch of a game

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Smoils
    Participant

– I copied a G3D profile for a unity game off a cloud
    – Made a copy of it and put an executable of a game Im making profile for like one should
    – I modified profile in game and pressed OK&SAVE
    – I modified shader behavior for 2 shaders and pressed OK&SAVE
    – Launched the game again and shader edits were gone, but profile edits saved
    – I tried admin mode, relaunched vorpx, tried to edit and save vertex shaders, pixel shaders it never saved any of it

Ive edited shaders before but few updates ago and saving was working fine, is this a new known issue?

Ralf
    Keymaster

You have to save the settings from the authoring UI to also save the shader definitions, not the regular vorpX menu. That’s more or less the only thing I can imagine here.

Smoils
    Participant

Well I was saving from authoring UI, naturally with “OK & SAVE” and I have same issue with another game, I will check something later to see if it could be affecting it. Was just curious if it was some kind of temp new version bug, but since you seem unaware and others mentioned editing shader definitions it seems to be on my end.

Smoils
    Participant

Nope, nothing helps, av disabling, no combination of settings (admin launch etc), using cursor to click “ok&save” or pixel instead of vortex…nothing makes it remember shader settings on next launch.

I would check profile files where it stores shader edits, but I dont know where they are or what changed this behavior.

I haven installed any updates or new apps that would have interfered with this, used to work reliably and now – not. Might try to reinstall whole thing but I dont feel like it.

Smoils
    Participant

here is a log file I launched a game, did shader edit, closed the game, saved log.

When I launched the game again shader authoring edits were gone.

Smoils
    Participant

Oh and one more thing – pressing “RELOAD” in shader authoring UI deletes all saved edits too, so its not being saved anywhere I assume.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Can’t replicate that here with a randomly created profile, and the log doesn’t show anything unusual. Would be great if you could send me the profile in question to support at vorpx com. You can save it to a file by dragging it from the ‘Local Profiles’ list in the config app to your desktop.

Smoils
    Participant

I dont think its a profile issue since it was same for several of them, I think vorpx setup is corrupt in some way.

I will reinstall at some point and see if it fixes it and since it worked before clean install should fix it.

Smoils
    Participant

Reinstall didnt help and I chose to remove registry entries but somehow after reinstalling it remembered my cloud profile login before I entered license key.

And I checked profiles for games I made before that had shader edits and while it has my old edits, anything new it refuses to save.

Smoils
    Participant

Nothing helps, this is ridiculous.

– uninstalled nod antivirus
    – tried to run game with and without hook helpers
    – tried to edit with and without vorpx configure window open in the background

I am out of ideas to what could possibly have broken shader saving for me, all profile edits save no problem and I am absolutely sure I could save shader settings before (and my online profiles confirm it).

As Ive said its across all profiles for me, but if you wan here is one of games I have been testing it on: ULTRAKILL

The only change since last time I have edited a shader settings in vorpx is vorpx updates themselves. Thats the only thing left that I can think of, but unfortunately I cant install old vorpx versions manually in any way.

Smoils
    Participant

Some time ago I tried to save custom environments through vorpx menu and windows refused to let vorpx save to my documents (still couldnt make it allow it), maybe somewhere during latest vorpx updates shader edit save location changed too and windows blocks it as well? I mean I havent updated windows since my last successful shader edit (and I made sure it cant update by itself).

Picdelag
    Participant

Exactly the same problem here.
    I’m a little frustrated because… This is the first time i go in this menue and try to edit these things myself, put some time into it for understanding how it works, more time to try to fix the intended game profile as much as i can, relaunch the game and BOOM everything is gone…

Tried multiple times to just make one modification and save but without luck…

The game is “Aliens: Fireteam Elite”, it’s just been released and i see that it have a profile in the cloud with 2 shaders edited, so i imagine it’s still possible for some users?

Bad news is, i made clearly a better profile that i just lost…

Hope for advices or solutions please…

Zander
    Participant

Same problem here after the last update. I thought it was just me.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Really sorry about this guys. Couldn’t replicate the issue last time I tried, but I’ll check again with the profile mentioned above.

Picdelag
    Participant

Thanks for investigating!

But not sure it was clear so i have to add :
    I used a copy of the Conarium profile to apply it to Aliens Fireteam Elite.
    Not the one on the cloud at all!

Also, if you can make an official profile while you’r at it…

Thanks again.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!