Shaders (Helix)

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Shaders (Helix)

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    baggyg
    Participant

Hi Ralf,

As a long term Nvidia 3D vision user I have (as most users will) used Helix mod  to add shader overrides to games fix potential items at the wrong depth. It is relatively easy to use and have made a lot of games, not fully supported, much better.

My question is whether VorpX will feature a similar system for fixing shaders within games (using the true 3D method rather than the conversion 10% performance hit one – sorry dont know what you are calling it) and if so whether this can be altered by the community or whether you would keep this inhouse?

Interesting times ahead and looking forward to release soon. Keep up the good work!

P.s. I have seen eqzitara around the site. Massive respect to him and the rest of the helix mod team.

Arni1984
    Participant

Subscribe to the issue! Ralf! You are going to correct the curves shaders in true 3D? Or do we need the help of the community?

Ralf
    Keymaster

I haven’t looked into this so far. With a little bit of luck helix mods will work with vorpX, but I can’t promise anything. With the fast 3d construction this will not necessary, BTW., there are no problems with shaders in this mode by design.

eqzitara
    Participant

Shader modifications arent really needed in depth buffer games.

Helix’s games are using NVAPI(Nvidia drivers) and directly interface with 3D vision in normal stereoscopic 3D rendering.  I think its impossible to port over.

eqzitara
    Participant

Just remembered this link

http://www.youtube.com/user/S3DGamerZone

If you look at videos of borderlands 2/Dead Island they are using depth buffer. Im not sure how it compares to Vorpx since all users are using same display and it may allow better optimization.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I thought 3d vision used the depth buffers and the fast-method of 3d rendering, and that is why it has the issues it does with the shaders? The 3d vision drivers don’t use double rendering, I’ve only seen that in some games like Battlefield 3, and it is a terrible performance hit.

I’m willing to bet the helix shader fixes will work just fine with these drivers. It just doesn’t make sense that they wouldn’t.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Does someone know, are depth buffer games not as good in 3d? I don’t know where I heard it, but someone was saying it comes out looking flatter like cardoard cutouts at different depths. I can’t wait to hear if Helix and company have something up their sleeve for supporting the Rift. Those guys are awesome! If you choose support the Rift, please at least take some donations from people like me!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Sorry eqzitara, I didn’t see what you put about the depth buffers. Ignore my comment about the helix shader fixes working.

Anonymous
    Inactive

the borderlands 2 link looks great except for the flat gun in the players face. is this the drawback to depth buffer method?

Ralf
    Keymaster

It depends a little bit on the game, whether this is an issue on the Rift at all. The best games on the Rift are those that render the weapon close to the left/right border, as much outside the center of your vision as possible. A huge weapon rendered directly in front of your face is one of things that you don’t want on the Rift for sure.

tig3rmast3r
    Participant

so basically it’s not possible to merge the injectors right out of the box (i’ve dreamed for a bunch of minutes!!)?
    i’m a very long time 3d vision user too and would be great to use their hard work in order to fix and extend the geometry 3d support here on vorpx.
    z-buffer is exactly like mikearms has said “cardoard cutouts at different depths” (with free halo artifacts here and there), not to mention the low 3d effect too.
    This trend started up with crysis 2 and it’s become a pain as lot of games now has that “compatiblity mode” so lazy developers can claim 3d with no effort. honestly z-buffer has nothing to share with a proper dual rendering.

i’ve never played a z-buffer game, i had so bad times with crysis 2 and i promised myself not to play anything else with fake 3d.If i have to play fake i prefer 2d.
    I’m playing crysis 2 right now that i have a gtx1080 and finally i can enjoy a true 3d without losing too many frames and/or lowering too many details.

i did the same many times, waited until my hardware was powerful enough to get the most out from the 3d experience.

performances are not a problem, it’s just a matter of time, and you will be able to play it sooner or later.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!