Shadow of the Tomb Raider has special rendering setting

Homepage Forums Technical Support Shadow of the Tomb Raider has special rendering setting

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Smoils
    Participant

Shadow of the Tomb Raider has sbs mode of itself so vorpx is not hacking that, I thought it was custom solution, but I see in settings it has options for over/under, sphere projection so clearly it wasnt made specifically for TR game, but I dont see any way to activate that on a generic game Im making profile for.

Ogrescar
    Participant

Those settings are only applicable to games and apps that already output in a stereo format. All of the media player profiles have the same type of settings. I use a copy of sottr profile for mpv media player because the official profile doesn’t work at present.

Unless your generic game can output in sbs format, there’s nothing to activate.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Short supplement:

As a base for profile for DX11 SBS games the Dolphin Emulator, Shadow of the Tomb Raider or VLC profiles should work, for DX9 SBS games the MPC-HC profile is currently the only one if memory serves right, for OpenGL the Dolphin Emulator profile *might* work.

I will add SBS base profiles to the profile list to make this easier for you guys. Not sure why I never thought of that before.

Smoils
    Participant

thanks, its again to try to play exanima (opengl) using reshade sbs z3d hack because for some unknown reason using desktop viewer to do this is very laggy compared doing same in vr desktop. Will try dolphin profile.

P.S. new amnesia might need same solution using reshade as currently there are only flat profiles.

Ogrescar
    Participant

I tried setting up amnesia rebirth/depth3d with the dolphin profile in the past and it didn’t work, probably because vorpx was hooking in before reshade. Probably the same case for exanima. You’ll have more luck with the desktop viewer or virtual desktop – depending upon whether your running the game windowed or fullscreen may make a difference. In general, I think VD does a better job with fullscreen and vorpx desktop works better in windowed mode.

Ogrescar
    Participant

BTW, if you’re getting a lot of lag try putting a framerate limit on the game. Otherwise VD or vorpx may be fighting with the game for resources.

RJK_
    Participant

For DX9 SBS you can also use the Avatar Profile from the cloud. IIRC based on one of the media players.

Smoils
    Participant

Ogrescar is right – desktop viewer works with reshade but kills the frames, dolphin profile ignores reshade that you can see working on a monitor but not in vorpx

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!