Shadow of the Tomb Raider – Problem

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Shadow of the Tomb Raider – Problem

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    WARhol
    Participant

Hi.

I can’t get this to hook no matter what I try. Game runs fine without VorpX but VorpX crashes it on start up. Any help would be appreciated.

steph12
    Participant

go dx11, i think some steam update broke DX12 for vorpx and that game.

WARhol
    Participant

I can’t. VorpX changes the in-game settings to dx12. Dx12 then crashes VorpX. It is an unbreakable cycle. I can’t get it running in dx11, and VorpX isn’t working with this game at all.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Indeed. While I released a hotfix for vorpX 20.1 due to the Steam overlay issue steph12 mentioned, I apparently forgot to make the according DirectVR change in the 20.2 branch. I’ll take care of the matter for the next maintenance update.

As a workaround for now please disable automated settings in the config app and set the game to DX11 manually. Once you can get in the game you can disable auto settings just for this game on the DirectVR page of the vorpX menu and re-enable them globally.

BTW: To avoid clutter and keep the forum usable for yourself and others please post technical support questions in the according sub forum. Thanks! Future posts that better fit there will get moved without notification.

WARhol
    Participant

How do I “disable automated settings” in the config app?

Ralf
    Keymaster

On the ‘General’ page under ‘Misc’. The option is called ‘Don’t optimize game settings’.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!