Shadow of Tomb Raider?

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Shadow of Tomb Raider?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    dborosev
    Participant

Hey Ralf,
    Any idea if this will work when its out? (Using the existing TR profile?)

Ralf
    Keymaster

Can’t comment on that without trying.

dborosev
    Participant

Ok I’ll see if anyone else has tried this yet with the existing profile. Its out now.

dellrifter22
    Participant

Even though steam forums report problems with 3D vision SBS, I had luck hooking vorpX with RotTR profile, after switching to dx11 mode (default was dx12).

So far I only had time to test the benchmark, but stereo SBS was working. I’ll test further after work to make a profile.

dborosev
    Participant

Great news. You’re always the guy who seems to be on top of these games, thanks for reporting!
    Is it G3D like ROTTR?
    I’ll stay tuned for that profile, let us know this weekend!

dellrifter22
    Participant

I’ve uploaded my first run profile for Shadow of the Tomb Raider for SBS G3D cinema. It’s configured for my Pimax4k with the following settings:

– set to dx11, use keyboard to navigate menus
    – use a 4:3 resolution (1600×1200, 3200×2400)
    – set “Side by Side” stereoscopic mode in game and use:
    Separation: 4 arrow ticks right from 0
    Popout: 7 arrow ticks right from 0
    (these are my preferred for best 3D world pop, though scale is a bit low)

* Some particle and fog effects may look slightly strange, disable “volumetric lighting” if desired.

* Since this was tuned for Pimax4k, Rift users may need to adjust screen distance a few notches for better FOV, and/or tone down the saturation/brightness/sharpness some.
    ————————————————————-

While it looks quite good in SBS, it can be performance heavy and suffer from aliasing, as compared to running Z3D with Conan Exiles profile. Some may prefer to play it Z3D instead, and for this I might recommend the forthcoming official profile to allow both SBS and Z3D options if possible.

Many 3rd person games such as Assassins Creed can look quite good in Z3D, and I believe Tomb Raider might as well.

Anyhow, off to play now. Enjoy!

beatet
    Participant

I´ve tried the inmersive screen with sbs mode but it´s not working.
    The game is on sbs mode but when I start vorpx the stereo option is working (supr key, image settings), but when I start the game in sbs I look for this option in vorpx menu and it doesn´t appear and I can´t “mix” both images

Any idea??

Ralf
    Keymaster

You need to make a copy of a profile that has SBS input unlocked. The Rise of the Tomb Raider should work.

dellrifter (see the post above yours) apparently already did that, so check the cloud profiles first.

beatet
    Participant

Thanks for the quick answer!!

dellrifter22
    Participant

Did you download and install my profile from the cloud? It has SBS enabled. Default profiles do not generally offer SBS option, so you’ll need one specifically for Tomb Raider.

SBS toggle will be on the main page of delete key menu, instead of G3D/Z3D options.

I use the cinema screen instead of immersive screen.

Osterbaer
    Participant

Review of “Shadow of Tomb Raider” under vorpx (3D) on youtube (german): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUGb1vNCpj8

beatet
    Participant

Review of “Shadow of Tomb Raider” under vorpx (3D) on youtube (german): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUGb1vNCpj8

Anyone knows how can I stick the camera to the movements of the headset like te youtuber in the video?

dellrifter22
    Participant

You can change display mode to Full VR in the vorpX menu (delete key in game). This will lock your headset movement to the mouse. You will also find a sensitivity slider there to set it to your comfort.

Be aware though, that there isn’t yet a way to increase the FOV of this game, so you’ll likely need to zoom the screen out a fair distance to not feel sick while turning. This is why the cinema mode is default. Full VR screen distance slider is on the “Image settings” page of delete key menu.

Or you can add subtle haedtracking to the cinema mode that acts like a TrackIR (turn your head slightly to turn the camera, but the screen stays in same position) by turning up the sensitivity, but that might not be quite what you’re looking for.

Couple options for you, see which you like best.

MagicMarco
    Participant

Shadow is absolutely jaw dropping with VorpX in any of the modes (I’m running in full VR, max graphics), and it’s all butter and no STUTTER! Finally I can actually have some fun on this damn thing again. Tried it with Virtual Desktop first and almost threw it down after trying to configure the usual tricks for an hour or so, then thought maybe Cinema mode or Desktop Viewer with innate SBS would work well with VORPX, then BLAM, Full VR and Lara’s T&A in my face :P

P.S. I didn’t do ANY configuring, just launched Shadow from my desktop via VORPX’s Desktop Viewer…and whomever’s profile applied everything. I also had the game’s SBS enabled and settings (i.e. res, graphics) configured prior, and also added exception to the Shadow’s launcher.

Thanks!

dborosev
    Participant

I run it at 3200×2400 rez (4:3) on my Odyssey+, and holy crap, I’ve never seen 3D stuff so clearly before. Its gorgeous. Its important to run it at a higher rez due to the fact that its SBS.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!