Sharpening is confusing me

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Sharpening is confusing me

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Smoils
    Participant

New amd sharpening thing works and looks great, no doubt about it, but if I choose “Off” just out of curiosity it looks more like additional blur filter is added, not just sharpening removed.

The reason it is confusing is I dont remember games ever being THAT blurry before, so my question is about old system – there was “sharpening” parameter before, was it always on at a certain level as well? Is CAS approximately at the same sharpening level by default as old sharpening was?

Ralf
    Keymaster

Whith clarity off vorpX works precisely as before without sharpening.

The new method is not just sharpening, but uses the full AMD FSR algorithm, i.e. Lanczos upscaling + CAS sharpening + texture detail enhancement. Low means sharpening only, medium means sharpening + Lanczos, heigh means all three components (provided texture detail enhancement is possible for a game), otherwise high does the same as medium.`

Smoils
    Participant

Yes, but was there any level of sharpening on by default before?

New method is either so amazing, that “off” looks horrible or I have never seen unsharpened game before (if some level of sharpening was always on by default before cas).

Ralf
    Keymaster

Whith clarity off vorpX works precisely as before without sharpening.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!