Shift 2 Unleashed

Homepage Forums Technical Support Shift 2 Unleashed

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Roland89
    Participant

Hello,

when I launch Shift 2 Unleashed (steam version) I have a black screen with vorpx written at the bottom.

I have the sound, and I feel like I am in the menus, I must miss a setting, but where?

Thanks for your ideas

Ralf
    Keymaster

First please download the “Need for Speed: Shift 2 Unleashed [vorpX]” profile from the cloud. While checking your issue I realized that the profile that is currently included deserves a bunch of improvements which are now available in the cloud profile.

I couldn’t replicate your issue here though. Try to switch between running the game windowed/fullscreen, sometimes one option works better. Also trying the alternative hooking method in the config app is worth a shot.

Caveat: Always remember to switch back to default hooking. While for some games the alternative method may help, others may not work at all with it.

If you happen to use a gaming laptop: make sure that the game runs on the dedicated GPU that you have your headset connected to. Ideally disable the integrated GPU in your BIOS if possible. Your issue sounds a bit like it could potentially be this kind of problem.

Apart from the above please check the pinned trouble shooting guide on top of this sub-forum if you haven’t done so already, especially in regard to potential hooking conflicts with other programs on your PC.

Roland89
    Participant

I did a lot of tests, black screen … I have the advice of vorpx below at the beginning, then nothing. :(

I duplicated the profile and I applied it to NFS Shift 1 and it’s not bad, someone with experience should easily be able to make a good profile. (bizzare blur on the edge of the runway)

Ralf
    Keymaster

I’d like to take a look at your logfiles and system config. Please try to run the game a few times, create a trouble shoot data archive in the config app and send that to support |at| vorpx com.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!