Short info regarding "Base: start" startup error

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Short info regarding "Base: start" startup error

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Ralf
    Keymaster

If you experience this error, which can happen especially with imported cloud profiles, please have a little bit of patience.

I was able to reproduce it, but unfortunately it’s a bit cumbersome to debug since it doesn’t occur in dev builds – only in release versions. There won’t be time to address it today (Sunday). A hotfix will be made available next week.

AerowynX
    Participant

yea this worked for me

kritoro786
    Participant

PHEW I thought I was the only one with this problem. I uninstalled steam and all my games along with uninstalling vorpx and I still got this same message. Glad to see its being looked at

My error appears while trying to launch Rocket League have no Idea why it was working fine just 2 days ago. Hope you can fix this though

eldarstorm
    Participant

I also get this error consistently with the 64Bit version of the Firestorm Viewer, but not the 32Bit version.

I also get it with 7 Days to Die as well.

sek
    Participant

I just stepped on F.E.A.R. Perseus Mandate when Vorpx by itself import .exe file second time I entered a game. However, I’m clueless because that the game may or may not be contained with Geometry 3D like F.E.A.R. First Encounter Assault Recon.

Michelangel0
    Participant

I was about to ask about this error on one game, but seeing this, I want to add more info here.

I was playing ZIGGURAT with version 17.1.3 on Z-Adaptive and played really great (Amazing Roguelike FPS -> http://store.steampowered.com/app/308420/ )

I´ve created a custom profile from unnamed one and adding the game .exe file and it worked correctly.

After Vorpx was updated to version 17.2 it stopped working and gave me the BASE:Start error. I´ve tried running everything with admin rights and there is no difference. But I will try to create a new profile from scratch too.

may I provide any additional info to investigate? any log?

Ralf
    Keymaster

If you experience this error, which can happen especially with imported cloud profiles, please have a little bit of patience.

I was able to reproduce it, but unfortunately it’s a bit cumbersome to debug since it doesn’t occur in dev builds – only in release versions. There won’t be time to address it today (Sunday). A hotfix will be made available later this week.

kritoro786
    Participant

I know your kinda busyy annall but please release a hotfix soon xD
    Or are we not able to go back an update or something? For me I was only using it for one certain game. I understand that you have been working really hard on other updates but I’ve grown to use this vorpx with my vr headset and as my main monitor and I like playing competitively so without it is useless for me atm

Michelangel0
    Participant

I was able to reproduce it, but unfortunately it’s a bit cumbersome to debug since it doesn’t occur in dev builds – only in release versions. There won’t be time to address it today (Sunday). A hotfix will be made available later this week.

THANKS!!!
    I could play some time now, but will try other games too.
    :)

Ralf
    Keymaster

Just a short heads-up: the hotfix will be out tomorrow (Friday) Saturday.

dshero345
    Participant

Hey Ralf – just letting you know the hotfix for the base start issue seems to work. I’m using a vive in windows 10, trying to get paragon working, and it threw the error everytime, but was able to get into the application today after the patch – Thank you sir!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!