Sims 4 won’t trigger Vorpx

Homepage Forums Technical Support Sims 4 won’t trigger Vorpx

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    the_lemon_king
    Participant

Using a Reverb G2 headset (WMR):

I launched vorpX, then Steam VR, then The Sims 4, only to have it open on my monitor. No “attaching” message from vorpX. I added The Sims 4 to my Steam library (I have a non-steam version) and launched it from within Steam VR. Nothing happened, so I pulled of my headset and saw that it was running on my monitor. I went into vorpX and created a desktop shortcut for The Sims 4, and it created “ts4_64 vorpX” on my desktop using the Sims 4 logo. When I click it, nothing happens. When I open its file location, it takes me to C:\Program Files (x86)\Animation Labs\vorpX.

Vsync is off, both in-game and in my GPU control panel. Sims 4 has no mods. I tried using alternative hooking method. I tried running vorpX as administrator. I made sure that the .exe was on the list of files for The Sims 4 profile. Even changed the name of the .exe file and created a duplicate profile for that name. Nothing works. It doesn’t hook.

Anything else to try?

Ralf
    Keymaster

vorpX shortcuts usually don’t work with games that require a DRM client like Steam, Origin etc. If you start such a game directly instead of from the client, it closes itself, and then the DRM client restarts it. This procedure renders the shortcut essentially useless. vorpX shortcuts only work with games that aren’t bound to a DRM client.

You have two other options though in case of hooking problems:

The “Attaching to…” dialog shows two trouble shooting options after a while: installing a hook helper to the game folder or changing to a different hooking method. One of those should be able to help with most hooking conflcits without getting to the bottom of the matter.

If that doesn’t help, please check for potentially interfering programs on your PC. The pinned trouble shooting guide on top of this sub forum has more details on that.

the_lemon_king
    Participant

I don’t think there’s a program interfering, because Portal 2 launches with vorpX easily. But I disabled all my malware protection, Discord, anything that could be interfering and still nothing.

Is there another way to install a hook helper? The Sims 4 doesn’t even get the “attaching to” dialogue, it just launches normally without anything out of the ordinary happening. Once I’m in-game, the vorpX menu hotkey has no effect and my VR headset still shows my SteamVR home.

Ralf
    Keymaster

If not even the attach dialog is displayed for a program that has a profile, something gets in the way big time. Also make sure to start the game directly from Steam, not with a shortcut (see above).

If you happen to use any other AV program than Windows Defender, try to remove it for testing purposes. Some more invasive AV programs are fairly hard to disable, i.e. they may have several protection modules that have to be disabled separately. Some even actively block hooking functions.

There is no real need for invasive third party AV programs on Windows 10. Windows Defender is more than good enough for several years now and kicks in automatically when you remove third party AV.

the_lemon_king
    Participant

Okay, so apparently the problem was BitDefender. I didn’t think it could be a problem because I disabled it, but when I uninstalled it (which actually required downloading an uninstall tool from their website), The Sims 4 launched with vorpX. Thanks so much!

Adam
    Participant

It works, but does it turn on in some idixxxx cinema mode?
    How does it turn off this idixxxx cinema mod? And why does it turn on at all?

Ralf
    Keymaster

FullVR mode only really makes sense for first person view, not for actually playing the game. You can switch to FullVR anytime for walking around your neighborhood in first person view. To do that simply change the ‘Play Style’ option in the vorpX menu to FullVR.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!