SKSE and VorpX not working together

Homepage Forums Technical Support SKSE and VorpX not working together

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    jhondidfool
    Participant

I’d like to use VorpX for Skyrim (one of the two games I bought it for; the other being StarCitizen and having tried it’s a complete mess to get it working, if someone could make it so it launches into the Rift, better).
    At first it didn’t work, but turns out I had SweetFX in the folder. So I deleted those and it worked. It even worked with ENB.
    But out of the blue, now it just won’t hook VorpX if I launch skyrim through SKSE_Launcher.exe. Honestly, I need SKSE, it’s not worth it without it, so ÇI’m asking for help. I’ve cleaned the ENB completely from the folder, only being there the files that came with the game (+mods on Data folder) and SKSE.
    So… Halp?

Mechcondrid
    Participant

it might be because that the skse launcher is launching the skyrim exe instead of the skyrim launcher i dont know what program vorpx looks for as a game launch pointer, if its the launcher then that would make sense (an easy-ish way to figure that out would be launch the launcher and then run the skse launcher) if it is not looking for the launcher first then i could only assume that vorpx is looking at the program signature when it tries to hook into skyrim if thats the case then skse launching skyrim could feasibly change the signature because of how skse works.
    i have skyrim and skse installed so i’ll take a look at screwing around with it
    and see if i can tell what method it uses

Mechcondrid
    Participant

also as for star citizen are you running in direct mode or no?
    as far as i know star citizen does not work nor like to see the oculus in direct mode
    i have had it work relatively consistently in star citizen with vorpx you do however have to make sure BEFORE you run it with vorpx that the gfx settings are as low as you can get them and at 1080p resolution otherwise i have noticed graphics issues causing frequent crashes.
    though i doubt before long that you’ll need to worry about this the SC devs have already pledged to include native oculus support before release (i would read that as the near future; judging by their track record thats prolly going to be withing 4-6 months if that

jhondidfool
    Participant

I fixed the skyrim problem running VorpX as administrator *_*
    On the Star Citizen side, I have to make rift my primary and render to primary. It does away with all my icons and desktop. It’s a mess. I guess I’ll have to wait for native implementation.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!