Skyrim and other games work super sampled at 2650×1440 on DK2 + vorpx

Homepage Forums Game Hints and Settings Skyrim and other games work super sampled at 2650×1440 on DK2 + vorpx

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    someskunkfunk
    Participant

If you want to get a sharper super sampled image and smoother lines you can create a custom resolution for the rift display of 2650×1440 @75hz. In the nvidia control panel it’s under change resolution > customize > create custom resolution (not sure how for other cards) then edit the config file of the game to render at 2650×1440 or select it if available in game and launch it with the rift as primary display. Tested it for Skyrim, MW3 and Arma 2 with vorpx and it also works for those few games with native DK2 support like Elite Dangerous & live for speed. It also has the added benefit of bringing the menus more in view for some games.

Russbo
    Participant

It’s really pissing me off that we don’t have this option in Catalyst. Yes, we have SSAA, but SSAA hardly works with anything.

bcozier
    Participant

Interesting…I will give a try for MW3 and Borderlands 1, since they are buttery smooth at 75hz already..so should we then turn off any aliasing options in the game settings?

someskunkfunk
    Participant

Depends on the game and how much GPU muscle/vram you have to throw at it I guess, with 2gb vram it worked fine for me with all the same settings it was running at before and I always had it maxed out.

gustavor38
    Blocked

2650×1440?
    Would it be 2560×1440 ? Is it a typo error or is it ok?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!