Skyrim better than ever

Homepage Forums Technical Support Skyrim better than ever

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    grodenglaive
    Participant

Skyrim seems to have improved – smoother, quicker head tracking and water reflections working properly now

Tony Spaniels
    Participant

Works way better now!

Works better than Fallout 4 now in my opinion.

Ralf
    Keymaster

For serious Fallout 4 playing over a longer time I would highly recommend to switch to Z-Buffer 3D. Runs a lot smoother that Geometry 3D.

Some people don’t like Z3D, hence G3D is now the default. But in my honest opinion, games as demanding as Fallout 4 are way better played with a slightly flatter Stereo 3D than with a low frame rate around 30fps. Your mileage may vary, of course.

Tony Spaniels
    Participant

Yeah fair enough, I agree with you about Fallout 4 being better in z adaptive. Its a better trade off in the end.

Skyrim has taken a noticeable jump in quality now to my eye. The scale never seemed quite right before but now everything sits very well together. Much smoother also.

mellott124
    Participant

I agree Skyrim FOV and zoom looks correct now. I was using it yesterday and couldn’t get it to look right. Was coming back today to tweak some more and Vorpx updated. Now everything looks good! Awesome.

dellrifter22
    Participant

Skyrim does feel better now. Trying to upscale the res now with the extra performance.

Anyone know how to fix the black bars covering the right and bottom of my screen after I use the upscale internal resolution (2.00) with Z3D on? When I turn 3D off they are removed, when I turn Z3D back on, they come back.

grodenglaive
    Participant

Skyrim does feel better now. Trying to upscale the res now with the extra performance.

Anyone know how to fix the black bars covering the right and bottom of my screen after I use the upscale internal resolution (2.00) with Z3D on? When I turn 3D off they are removed, when I turn Z3D back on, they come back.

Did you try it in G3D?

mayconrf
    Participant

Before updating worked well, now opens vorpx not saying the oculus is not installed

Ralf
    Keymaster

Please make sure to install the latest Oculus software. It is required for the new vorpX version. Note that you need a Rift DK2 or CV1 for this. DK1 does not work anymore.

https://www.oculus.com/en-us/setup/

If you still use a DK1, send a mail to support |at| vorpx com for another solution.

mayconrf
    Participant

Thank you for Ralf answer, use the runtime DK2 6

alegse
    Participant

WOW Skyrim is better than ever. AWESOME in 16.1.2 with beautiful proper water and nice time warp AND DK2 is still great!
    VorpX is my best software buy of the past few years and I love it. Thanks Ralf

I am a little worried that the new oculus home software is going to try and update itself often. Hopefully it does not update past compatibility with VorpX :/

mayconrf
    Participant

My card is AMD Radeon HD 6900. It worked well with oculus rift and vorpx until yesterday. Now it does not work any more

Ralf
    Keymaster

You need the latest Oculus software, which includes the Oculus runtime 1.3, for this version of vorpX:

https://www.oculus.com/en-us/setup/

mayconrf
    Participant

I got Ralf, thanks for help, but when installing the new software oculus rift, it stops the installation amd catalyst 16 because my card does not support this update.

Ralf
    Keymaster

If the Oculus software does not support your graphics card, I can only offer rolling back to vorpX 0.9. For that please send a mail to support |at| vorpx com.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!