Skyrim – DirectScan interfered with by d3dx9_42.dll Memory Fix. Any workaround?

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Skyrim – DirectScan interfered with by d3dx9_42.dll Memory Fix. Any workaround?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Morderath
    Participant

Title says it all.

This is the only way I get proper memory behavior with mods/HD texture packs. Otherwise I CTD. If I remove d3dx9_42 I get DirectScan back (Success).

Any workaround to force DirectScan to hook?

Error message in log

WRN: vorpScan: Rotation scan failed. Possible values found: 0

Thanks

Karlor
    Participant

Are you using the injector or the wrapper enb?

Edit: never mind if you’re at the point where your scanning you got the right enb. Not sure but maybe you can set up a diff proxy for it and vorpx won’t notice its there.

Ralf
    Keymaster

@ Morderath : I’ll take a look at it, but it’s quite likely that the only way to address this is not using that mod. Everything that changes the memory layout of the game, which a mod called “Memory Fix” almost certainly does, can potentially cause issues with Direct VR.

General rule of thumb for using many mods and vorpX at the same time: if you run into odd issues, the very first thing you should do is trying an unmodded Skyrim and than add your mods back one by one to check what works and what doesn’t.

That is especially true for using super hi-res texture packs since vorpX itself and in addition to that the headset runtimes raise the GPU memory requirements considerably.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!