Skyrim DK2 troubles.

Homepage Forums Technical Support Skyrim DK2 troubles.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    dave7g
    Participant

Hi, I have runtime 7 with the latest vorpx and running Skyrim from Steam. Nothing shows up on my HMD at all. Also it runs in a black screen on the desktop, I can hear the music ut not see anthing. I can also hear the vorpx sounds when I try to get a menu up. Any help would be great.

Ralf
    Keymaster

The black screen on the desktop is how it is supposed to be, nothing showing on the headset not, of course.

Please first install the current Oculus runtime 0.8. While 0.7 may work, it was never tested, so you should get that out of the way as a possible cause of the issue.

If that doesn’t help, and you are using mods, please next try a fresh Skyrim install without any mods. Some mods (“ENB” or other graphics mods, mods using a “script extender” etc.) may interfere with vorpX, so those also should be ruled out as a possible cause of an issue.

dave7g
    Participant

I’ll try a fresh install thanks. I’ve tried runtime 8 and couldn’t get my rift working at all with it.

dave7g
    Participant

Fresh install, no mods, same nothing. Do I have to delete all my saved games maybe?

Ralf
    Keymaster

No, but you should try to get your Rift working with runtime 0.8. Are you using an incompatible configuration (Optimus laptop or similar)?

dave7g
    Participant

I’m using a decent pc, runs everything else. I tried out borderlands with vorpx and it showed up on the rift, was all kinds of wrong but it was there. I honestly spent a whole day trying to get the rift to work with runtime 8, but I’ll try one more time.

dave7g
    Participant

Have 8 installed and working now. Still getting nothing from Skyrim.

dave7g
    Participant

Ok got it going, just need someone to post the perfect settings, been following a few guides I found but they are no good, getting very sick and everything looks way too small.

Ralf
    Keymaster

The only important things are applying the Game Optimizer tweaks, setting the FOV to 120 (in Skyrim there is a button for that in the vorpX ingame menu) and adjusting the head tracking sensitivity. You should not have to change anything else besides maybe adjusting HUD scale and depth to your liking.

Scale should be quite natural with the default settings, but if you want to change it, you can do so by adjusting the 3D Strength. The higher the camera separation, the smaller the scene is perceived.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!