skyrim (enderal mod) books are unreadable.

Homepage Forums Technical Support skyrim (enderal mod) books are unreadable.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    steph12
    Participant

hello,

it’s not possible actually to read books in either skyrim and enderal, writting is misplaced, like superposed, pages are all stacked up on each others.

any help would be much appreciated.

Ralf
    Keymaster

I can’t check right now, does switching to EdgePeek help maybe? Would probably be more comfortable for reading anyway.

jakxlt
    Participant

Edge Peek does nothing. For me the text is shrunk to the upper left corner of the screen and superimposed like OP’s saying. I was just going to read books on the wiki but itd be cool if it were fixed.

steph12
    Participant

yep, unfortunally edgepeek does not fix it.

otherwise i’m having a blast with enderal mod in VR thanks to vorpx, it’s totally mindblowing.

if only books were readable that’d be perfect.

Ralf
    Keymaster

I’ll look into it. Maybe it’s related to Direct VR somehow. Can’t promise anything, but if it can be solved, it will be solved.

steph12
    Participant

thank you Ralf :)

i greatly appreciate all you are doing for us, VR addicts :D

best regards.

steph12
    Participant

oops i forgot to mention, even with direct VR off this issue still happens.

i just started the game (enderal mod) without VR and books are readable.

seems to be a VR issue then.

spacecadet102
    Participant

Ralph I’m also having this problem. Notes with 1 page read fine but when there’s multiple pages like in books all the pages text are on one page overlapping so it is not readable.

Ralf
    Keymaster

I uploaded an updated Skyrim profile to the cloud. Importing the “Elder Scrolls Skyrim [vorpX]” profile from the cloud in the config app should be enough to get book reading (and the perks screen) back.

Next week’s hotfix will have that per default.

rtoast
    Participant

yea I had this issue as well but was able to resolve it by tweaking some of the HUD scale sliders to get the words to sort of line up correctly again (I might have messed with the settings before hand and didn’t realize the price for messing with the default values, hah)

steph12
    Participant

Ralf, thank you so much for fixing the issue, everything is working great now.
    you are amazing :D

Ralf
    Keymaster

Thanks, I’m only halfway happy in this special case though. The different HUD-scaling method that caused this glitch was quite a bit better otherwise in terms of HUD readability. I guess I will have to revisit the whole matter some time, but for now readable books and the perks screen are more important.

Tiggerdyret
    Participant

New Vegas also has a similar problem with the pip-boy if the hud scale isn’t 100%.

Ralf
    Keymaster

The New Vegas Pipboy has issues in any case, they are just different depending on the HUD scaling mode used.

Unless I’m mistaken that can be addressed by switching to EdgePeek mode in this case, which I would highly recommend anyway since this way it isn’t glued to your face.

spacecadet102
    Participant

For anyone still having problems after the new Skyrim cloud profile like I was, the positioning of the text has a lot to do with weather or not you are using the vorpx upcsaling option in the in-game menu. Turn it all the way down to 1.00 for a perfectly centered view in edge peek mode.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!