Skyrim messed up

Homepage Forums Technical Support Skyrim messed up

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    cherbert
    Participant

Everything is zoomed in – 3D / Scale messed up. FOV zooms it out a bit but its not very 3D. Also head tracking is reversed. Up is down and down is up.

Windows 8.1 here… the usual Portrait is working for me. The sticky suggesting landscape flipped just doesn’t work at all.

Maybe you shouldn’t be charging £30 until its in a better state.

cherbert
    Participant

I think the problem is that DK2 positional tracking is just not working. Its behaving like a DK1 but with flipped up and down.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Portrait is not correct in Windows 8. Set the Rift to Landscape flipped, otherwise the image will be displayed too small and/or offset. That is an error in the vorpX documentation. Sorry for the confusion.

Also please make sure to follow the advice about setting the FOV to 120. This extremely important to get a natural looking image. What exactly you have to is described in the first vorpX window that opens when you start Skyrim.

cherbert
    Participant

Landscape flipped does not work. Portrait is not offset nor is it small. Its large and complete. As I said.. Positional Tracking is not working which is basically the main problem I believe.

You should stop advising people to do Landscape flipped because its clearly not the case for all Windows 8.1 users.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Interesting info. Thanks for letting me know. So far that case, odd.

Head tracking: sounds like you are playing with inverse mouse. You can invert the vorpX head tracking accordingly on the input page of the vorpX ingame menu. You can also adjust the headtracking sensitivity there.

cherbert
    Participant

Camera based Positional tracking is not working at all.

Ralf
    Keymaster

If you have Geometry 3D enabled and get the positional tracking calibration window on startup, it almost certainly is active. Try to walk up to something close to check it. Not sure what else to recommend. Apologies.

cherbert
    Participant

Yes I get the calibration window and the blue light on my camera comes on. But it is not working.

cherbert
    Participant

Maybe it is working – leaning into look at things its very subtle and sensitivity doesn’t do much.

VorpXer
    Participant

Sometimes my head tracking doesn’t work in Skyrim but restarting VorpX and Skyrim gets it working again. It does seem like in game head movement is very subtle, I would like to increase it a bit so it matches my real head movement.

I have used these settings to get Skyrim looking nearly perfect in terms of 3d and scale, from another forum:

…first enable the advanced settings (there is a check box in the VorpX configuration thing) press delete when you are in game and adjust the stereo separation and the focal offset.

At the moment for Skyrim I am using
    stereo separation: 1.25
    focal offset: 1.00
    3d fov enhancement: 0.50
    And I set my field of view to 100 degrees using instructions from here http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2227329

cherbert
    Participant

I have it working much better thank you for those settings – although I cannot see a focal offset setting?

There is definately need for an adjustment toggle for leaning forward and back. Its almost non-existant.

VorpXer
    Participant

Have you enabled ‘Expert Settings’ in the VorpX configuration?

Then open up Skyrim and press the delete key to get the VorpX Settings main page, Focal Offset is at the bottom

Separation (3d Strength)
    3D FOV Enhancement
    Camera Height Modifier
    Focal Offset

For me it made a huge difference.

cherbert
    Participant

Thank you! Focal Offset has made the most dramatic change for me! Why on earth that is hidden away and set at zero is a bit strange.

Anyway… 1.0 was a bit strong for me, I guess it depends on your IPD. 0.60 was much more comfortable but still a dramatic improvement to the scale and immersion.

shinobi777
    Participant

i cant play at DK2 with vorpx…. i dont know if is MY DK2, vorpx or windows 8.1 update 1 but i have trayed all! DONT WORK!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!