Skyrim (non-SE) iShadowMapResolution value override

Homepage Forums Game Hints and Settings Skyrim (non-SE) iShadowMapResolution value override

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    chukovskiy
    Participant

Turns out that VorpX overrides “iShadowMapResolution” (SkyrimPrefs.ini) value to 1024 every time the game launches, resulting in extremely poor shadows.
    With VorpX disabled I can easily set any value and see good shadows ingame.

This is pretty annoying since ENB injector doesn’t work with Win10 so ENB shadows are inaccessible aswell. Skyrim SE, on the other hand, is too low on FPS.

Please fix this issue.

alegse
    Participant

I used to play with shadows at 2048 but found I got a ~ +5 fps boost by going down to 1024 so eventually gave in to worse visuals. I found the 2048 shadows worked fine with older Vorpx. Have not tried with new update.
    Wish I could dynamically change 2048 for indoor locations then switch to 1024 for outdoors where FPS is harder to maintain. That would be neat, but probably impossible to do.

prinyo
    Participant

… ENB injector doesn’t work with Win10

What do you mean by that? It works fine with my Win10.

Also I’m thinking if the ini is overwritten every time the game launches maybe setting it to Read only can prevent that.

alegse
    Participant

I thought VorpX would only overwrite the ini file if you used the Game-settings Optimizer.

chukovskiy
    Participant

What do you mean by that? It works fine with my Win10.

Well I did some extra research and got that the injector hooks Skyrim only if Chrome (and maybe Skype and Discord too) is closed. That’s good news. The last ENB version that runs with Vorpx is .221 for me. It is pretty decent one though.

However issue with poor shadow resolution persists. I tried to remove any backups of Skyrimprefs, to save these backups with bigger iShadowMapResolution – doesn’t matter. At the moment when I see black Skyrim screen with main menu, skyrimprefs is already modified to 1024 shadow res.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!