Skyrim – Perk Tree invisible

Homepage Forums Technical Support Skyrim – Perk Tree invisible

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    hhhqwe
    Participant

Hey guys, I’ve been enjoying Skyrim with VorpX for a while but now that I’ve leveled a little bit I’ve encountered a new problem:

The perk tree is not visible, even edge peek doesn’t help. It looks like there is a black screen over the regular screen. Only the skill names are readable, but you don’t see the actual perk tree.

The same black screen overlay is visible during the loading screen (where the in-game tips are shown and in the background should be some kind of object, either people, monsters or items).

Anyone who has a solution to this problem?

Ralf
    Keymaster

That is due to a new HUD scaling mode in the latest vorpX version. It enhances HUD readability with a scaled down HUD quite a bit, but I overlooked the perk screen issue that it introduces. Will be reverted to the original HUD scaling mode with the next update.

dborosev
    Participant

Hey Ralf,
    Yep, I’m running into this too. I hope its not too long for a hotfix.

Is there any workaround for the time being? ie. turn off hud scaling?
    Thanks!

Ralf
    Keymaster

This issue wouldn’t be a super high priority normally, but since another hotfix is planned sometime next week anyway for a couple of other things, it will be reverted shortly.

I’m not really sure whether turning off HUD scaling will do anything, but I don’t think so. For now it’s probably best to do perk upgrades outside of vorpX. Won’t be long until the fix arrives. Not worth the effort to search for workarounds for the few days.

dborosev
    Participant

Yeah thats what I have been doing.
    Ok, will wait for the update! Thanks!!

Ralf
    Keymaster

I uploaded an updated Skyrim profile to the cloud. Importing the “Elder Scrolls: Skyrim [vorpX]” profile from the cloud in the config app should be enough to get the perks screen (and book reading) back.

Next week’s hotfix will have that per default.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!