Skyrim – positional tracking

Homepage Forums Game Hints and Settings Skyrim – positional tracking

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    prinyo
    Participant

When the new setting is On I get a very big drift during the dialogue. When the setting is Off it behaves a bit differently from the way it did before the update.

What is the difference between the positional tracking with the new option Positional tracking On and Off?

Ralf
    Keymaster

Just leave it off if it causes issues. The main advantage of positional tracking with Direct VR is that often it allows basic roomscale (i.e. walking around a few steps), which the normal positional tracking isn’t really well suited for.

For playing seated or standing in place without walking around there isn’t really any advantage at all.

prinyo
    Participant

OK.

By the way I haven’t experienced any problems with the “old” positional tracking but I only move 1.5 meters tops. And I’m hoping it works as it used to work.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Nothing has changed in regard to the normal pos tracking. Usually the rotation center moves around if you don’t stay in place with normal pos tracking, which doesn’t happen with Direct VR positional tracking. If that doesn’t bother you, all the better.

prinyo
    Participant

Cool, thanks :-) !

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!