Skyrim screen image squished

Homepage Forums Game Hints and Settings Skyrim screen image squished

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    lipplog
    Participant

The left and right edges of the game’s screen appear squeezed together in my Rift, and I’m about 95 percent sure that it’s because I installed the ENBSeries mod to boost the graphics. I say this because VorpX refused to boot the game until I removed the d3d9.dll file from the Skyrim directory that ENB’s directions had me place there. Now the game boots, but with the vertical edges squeezed together.

Before I do a clean install, does anyone know if there’s a simpler fix?

Also, is there a list somewhere of mods that are and aren’t VR friendly?

Ralf
    Keymaster

I don’t really have an answer to your question, but to me this sounds more like an issue with the game’s screen resolution. Maybe you set it to something else than 1920×1080 for playing without vorpX?

Might also make sense to restore the game’s profile in the vorpX config app to reset everything to default before completely reinstalling the game. Just to make sure this is not caused by some accidentally changed vorpX settings.

lipplog
    Participant

I think I’ve narrowed it down to the Skyrim Script Extender (or SKSE). Even with every mod and patch disabled, booting Skyrim through SKSE results in a distorted image in the DK2. It would be a real shame to play Skyrim without Mod Organizer.

Karlor
    Participant

Its weird looking due to vorpX being unable to hook. Try another launcher like the 4gb patch and skse.

lipplog
    Participant

I searched “SKSE 4gb patch” and got varying info on outdated files and trojans. Nothing on nexus. What patch are you referring to exactly?

lipplog
    Participant

Never mind. I think I found it… https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ijo747q4n4k

lipplog
    Participant

Thanks for the suggestion, but I’ve tried every launcher Skyrim has, and it only loads VorpX with the correct settings if I don’t boot through Mod Organizer and SKSE. I really don’t want to erase everything and start over. But I might have to.

Karlor
    Participant

I just tested it out with skse and it hooked for me. Mite still have left overs from enb in you data some where? Mite have to do a freshy. Then mod it up.

lipplog
    Participant

That sounds right. I’ll just bite the bullet and start over. Thanks for the help!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!