Skyrim SE, Direct VR fails..

Homepage Forums Technical Support Skyrim SE, Direct VR fails..

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    jaeh42
    Participant

I got it to run on my Vive but it does not seem to be working properly at all.
    fov 110 110 seems to put myself way to forward, when i try to turn, it looks as if i have neck out forward a foot or two.

Also, when I try to run Direct VR, thinking it may fix it, it just does not want to do anything. It never even passed first rotation, i do not even know what is next.
    I looked around the forum, but nothing seems to help.

Maybe I missed bunch of things I needed to know to set up, or whatever, if there are things I need to do please let me know.

Ralf
    Keymaster

I’m not really sure what you mean by “put myself way to forward”, but you can (and should) re-center the head tracking with ALT+SPACE if it feels odd. After doing that the camera position is always exactly the original camera position of the game.

If the scanner fails, please try a different location/savegame and see whether that helps. There always is a certain chance of failure, for more details on that please check the hint text that is shown during each scan.

On a sidenote: I would highly recommend to use the original DX9 Skyrim with vorpX. Unless you can’t live without the more saturated color scheme of the remaster, there is not much point using it. On most machines/setups the original runs a good chunk better with vorpX.

jaeh42
    Participant

I tried scanning it in multiple locations, and it never goes further than rotation.

Is there any steps or basic user guide or anything other than just click optimizer, and play game? or check list?

and I mean, it says it works on Skyrim SE… so im gonna get it working

Ralf
    Keymaster

There is nothing you have to do normally besides not touching the mouse during the scan. In case you use mods, please try a fresh install without any mods.

Also very important: make sure the game is updated to the latest version in Steam, the FOV scan in Bethesda games is not completely independent from the game version.

Apart from that: there always is a certain chance of failure, for more details on that please check the hint text that is shown during each Direct VR scan.

ColonelNoseworthy
    Participant

A few things I found that help with many issues in Vorpx is making sure to exclude programs like Nexus Mod Manager and whatever background programs aren’t essential for running games, like antivirus software and whatever else you think Vorpx Might Arbitrarily try to grab onto. This Opens up a lot more processing power for the program to use when scanning. Another thing is to unplug any controllers you use before the direct vr scan. If you don’t, it screws up the head tracking. Head tracking works with the controller ONLY AFTER direct VR Scan. Turning off the Crystal Display and ambient edge peek also helps.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!