Skyrim SE won't work.

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Skyrim SE won't work.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Moro
    Participant

Whenever I run it, I get a conflict with dxgi.dll. It says to either rename or remove it. I deleted the dll, but then skyrim fails to load when I launch it and crashes.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Please try to uninstall Skyrim, then delete your Skyrim folder, and finally reinstall the game. A dxgi.dll does not belong in a game directory normally. It’s a system DLL and normally can only be found in your Windows system folder. If you don’t even know how the dxgi.dll got into your Skyrim folder, I wouldn’t rule out that there are other override DLLs that also don’t belong there.

BTW: If you also have the original Skyrim, I would recommend that unless you absolutely crave for the more colorful look of the SE. The original in most cases runs better with vorpX.

Moro
    Participant

I just did that and now when I launch it runs at like 2 fps and nothing shows on my VR headset.

Moro
    Participant

Okay I feel like an idiot. I had the device selected to Oculus Rift, not HTC vive. Working now.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Glad you could solve it.

Funny coincidence: I just implemented better error handling with an error message to deal with this case about an hour ago.

Moro
    Participant

Although I did have the zoomed in effect. Setting the fov to 120 via the in game console seemed to have fixed that, but I am getting a bit of motion sickness. Guess that is a separate issue. I am using a RE7 demo profile, and everything looks so zoomed in. Unlike Skyrim I can’t seem to find a way to adjust the fov. No way to open the console in game and in the options the fov only goes up to 90.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Did you run the Direct VR scanner in Skyrim like indicated when you start the game? It takes care of both FOV and head tracking automatically. All you need to do is run the scan after entering the game world.

RE7 is not officially supported. If there is a profile for it, it’s a custom profile made by a user. I have no idea whether the FOV can be changed beyond what is possible in the game, sorry. if not, you can always use the steps from the “1-2-3 Game Setup” in the vorpX help though. Not perfect, but a good way to deal with games where absolutely no option exists to change the FOV.

Moro
    Participant

Sorry no I haven’t done that yet. Another thing bugging me about Skyrim. The HUD seems to be all the way on the left and right making it hard to see. When I loot a corpse it is really hard to see it. Thanks for all the help

Ralf
    Keymaster

Please read the notifications that are shown when a game starts! They often contain very useful information.

In Skyrim you can scale the HUD further down on the image page of the vorpX ingame menu If you want. Alternatively you can use the EdgePeek function (middle mouse button) to access menus, which temporarily zooms the image out.

BTW: this and other useful functions are explained in the quickstart guide. Many questions you may have may get anwered by reading the various guides in the help.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!