Skyrim switching geo3d and z3d ingame possible?

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Skyrim switching geo3d and z3d ingame possible?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    alegse
    Participant

I have got Skyrim working very well. I find I enjoy playing in Z3D for exterior areas because having a high frame-rate is worth sacrificing true stereo rendering and most of the distant visuals are beyond significant stereo separation anyway.
    However, I find in interiors I prefer to use geometry 3D because so many close objects/walls look way more real in true stereo 3D. So I usually switch to geo3D if I will be doing a long dungeon and switch to Z-3D when I am exploring exteriors or slaying dragons.
    It would be really great if it was possible to switch Z3D to Geo3D without having to restart the program (I know this was possible in Oblivion). I believe I saw this suggestion before and it does not work due to different rendering requirements for Geo 3D. However, if there was an automatic way to restart the VorpX render method with the click of a button without going back out to windows that would be cool. Just thought I would throw the idea out there again. Same could apply to fallout4 or other open world games (I never played fallout 4 so I don’t know if the switch is possible in that game).

Congo1986
    Participant

Can’t you just press del key and switch it in game? I do it all the time.

alegse
    Participant

You can with many games, just not Skyrim

Karlor
    Participant

Not sure if this will help but maybe you have to turn on “expert” option in the vorpx config program. Maybe it will unlock the G3D option for Skyrim once your in game?

alegse
    Participant

G3D option is there. Just when you turn on G3D you get a “Restart is required” and vice versa for Z3D. So only after you have exited to windows and restarted the game, the new mode is switched on upon restart. I was just saying it would be great if exit to windows and restart of the game was not required (As is the case with most other vorpx games).

Karlor
    Participant

Ohh ok I get what you mean.. That is kinda odd that you have to exit out each time you change it. Not sure what it’s “supposed” to behave like, haven’t played Skyrim in a while. Maybe it’s G3D is somehow more complicated to switch to or something so it has to exit out first. Gunna have to ask the Ralphster if he has any ideas. Also you could try to use a memory hack to see if you can bump up your FPS inside G3D so you might not need to switch back and forth.

alegse
    Participant

I believe Skyrim has some special rendering stuff to get proper shadows in G3D and that is why restart is required. Actually my Geo3D FPS is not too bad (40 – 60) but I just really like to hit the steady 75 fps (DK2) and keep good visual quality that only Z3D can achieve. I already use SKSE memory hack which is the best possible I believe.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Skyrim is one of the very few games where switching between G3D and Z3D is not possible without restarting the game, sorry.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!