Skyrim third person camera

Homepage Forums Game Hints and Settings Skyrim third person camera

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    kojo
    Participant

Apologies if this has been covered before, but I couldn’t find what I’m looking for.

I’m using the Vorpx Skyrim profile, with DirectVR and full geometry mode. Everything is essentially working fine. But when I put Skyrim into third person mode, I find the headtracking behavior very disorienting. Whichever direction I look, the camera position swings wildly in the opposite direction, to keep the character in the center of the view. This is making me reach for the bucket.

I’m wondering if there’s some combination of VorpX settings, Skyrim tweaks and mods, that keeps the camera following the player character, but allows for looking around freely, without the character always kept central. So that, for example, if I looked up and to the right, I would be looking at a patch of sky, without the camera swinging down below the player, to keep him in shot.

Tiggerdyret
    Participant

This is because of how the game handles the camera when in third person mode. You’d need a mod that makes the camera handle the axis as it does in first person view, but I don’t think that exists. Use edge peek or switch to cinema mode, when you want to play in third person are probably the best solutions for now.

nieda113
    Participant

yes using direct vr and optimized vorpx setting interfear with most mods that change camer settings, Thats why i switch off voprx settings comlpetely and adjust fov and camera through mods.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Which only happens to work in Skyrim without creating glitches because in this game some settings are forced by vorpX regardless whether you disable auto settings or not.

To everyone else reading this: please do not disable vorpX’s auto settings feature in any game unless you are fully aware that doing so can and will screw up some games completely and even if it doesn’t, will usually do a lot more harm than good.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!