Skyrim UI fix

Homepage Forums Game Hints and Settings Skyrim UI fix

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    derkaderk
    Participant

For those who like me struggled with the Skyrim UI on the Dk2..
    If you add these lines to your skyrim.ini (my documents/my games/skyrim/)

[Interface]
    fSafeZoneX=300.0000
    fSafeZoneY=150.0000
    fSafeZoneXWide=300.0000
    fSafeZoneYWide=150.0000

the interface/menus will be closer to the center so you can actually see it :) You can make it more transparant in the ingame settings so it’s not blocking your view so much.

moarveer
    Participant

Very interesting thanks!

Ralf
    Keymaster

Skyrim’s UI can also be scaled with vorpX (display page of the ingame menu or [ALT] + mousewheel).

Personally I don’t really like that, immersion is far better without an UI in front of your face. But that’s just my opinion, of course.

derkaderk
    Participant

@Ralf. I’m using the vorpx UI scale down as well. but it only goes to 50% right? without tweaking the skyrim.ini I still can’t see all the menus.

I agree that no UI in your face is better while playing, but if you make it transparant ingame its still ok I think. Kinda feels like some scifi visor overlay :P

Ralf
    Keymaster

I’ll lower the minimum value for the next update. Not sure whether text will stay readable this way, but better unreadable than invisible. :)

Just in case you haven’t discovered that yet: You can use EdgePeek in menus (middle mouse button).

derkaderk
    Participant

Ah didn’t know that feature yet. thanks Ralf

Fr4nK
    Participant

I have this problem regarding books text. It is not readable at all when I use vorpx and my dk2, but read perfecly well without them. Here a screeshot :

View post on imgur.com

Any fix for this???? I can’t read any book and its so frustrating.
    All other UI from Skyrim work without any problem.. Just books an note doesn’t work with vorpx and Dk2.

Fr4nK
    Participant

Ok, I had a mod install for books, but now without it, I can read some but I still have major glitch when I use VorpX and DK2. Here an updated screenshot :

View post on imgur.com

Can someone help me with that please??

Ralf
    Keymaster

I can only speak for the unmodded Skyrim. With this book content is a 2D layer and thus considered a HUD element by vorpX. Because of this the text is scaled down if you are using UI scaling and may be hard to read.

You can work around this by using [ALT][MOUSEWHEEL] to raise the HUD scale while reading books and then lower it again the same way when you are done reading.

Marcurios
    Participant

I have the same problem, just giving the menu a fixed postition would fix the entire problem.
    That goes for any game actually, than you can move your head to read the menu’s.
    The problem with VR headsets is the bad edges of the lenses, they distort badly on the edges.
    If you would fix the menu in place, we could move our head and use the center of the lens to read the menus.
    pretty easy fix would that be.

Ralf
    Keymaster

That’s what EdgePeek is for. EdgePeek temporarily zooms to a screen view, which makes using menus or watching cutscenes a lot more comfortable.

Mouse: wheel click (or hold)
    Motion controllers: right grip button click (or hold)
    Gamepad: right thumbstick click

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!