Skyrim, VorpX, and Headtracking

Homepage Forums Game Hints and Settings Skyrim, VorpX, and Headtracking

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Dreadp1r4te
    Participant

So a guide I saw for using Virieo Perception (SP?) to get Skyrim working on the Rift used a 3rd party mod called Enhanced Camera to enable true headlooking without aiming. The rest of the tutorial was mostly garbage and produced an unplayable game, while I was impressed with VorpX’s instant gratification. Is there anyway to accomplish something similar with this, where turning my head doesn’t turn my body? It would also be nice to incorporate the floating HUD so you can turn your head to see conversation options that are otherwise blocked. Any ideas?

Karlor
    Participant

Try the camera mod out with vorpX? It should technically “work” but might need adjusting. There is a cool Skyrim mod that lets you change all the HUD around in a lot of ways. Less intrusive HUD 2 I think, something like that.

Dreadp1r4te
    Participant

Yep, that’s the one I have, Less Intrusive HUD. It’s just very difficult to position for the Rift while in said Rift. =\

Ralf
    Keymaster

You can also scale the HUD with vorpX, either in the vorpX ingame menu or with [ALT][mousewheel]. There also is the EdgePeek function (middle mouse button) which helps with such issues.

Karlor
    Participant

you could do a rough fit outside the rift then use vorpx edge peak to help tune it in.

Dreadp1r4te
    Participant

Okay. One other thing I’ve noticed is that VorpX seems to intercept any mouse input (namely clicks) and as a result the game doesn’t respond to clicks on menu items. Any ideas there?

Ralf
    Keymaster

vorpX emulates mouse movement, it does not intercept mouse clicks. You should be able to use the mouse just normal.

Skyrim disables the mouse when gamepad input is enabled. Maybe that is the problem.

MiD-AwE
    Participant

Skyrim disables the mouse when gamepad input is enabled. Maybe that is the problem.

What is the solution?

Karlor
    Participant

In some games youll be better off mapping you’re pad to kb+m and using it that way. There are 3 that I use and all have good and bad things, xpadder, joy 2 key, x360ce. Its a bit of a pain but once you get it down its not so bad. The good thing is Skyrim is actually real easy to map out to kb+m on a pad.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!