Skyrim with Direct VR issues

Homepage Forums Technical Support Skyrim with Direct VR issues

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    hhhqwe
    Participant

Hello! I hope someone here can help me with out with the regular Skyrim version. Ralf was saying that version should be performing better that the new special edition. Additionally there are more mods out for the old Skyrim version.

1. The FOV is mit filling out the screen and there are annoying black bars at the top as well as at th bottom of the screen. Haven’t had that issue with Skyrim SE
    2. Do shadows work properly now? I am still experiencing flickering when looking at the mountains, water and indoors around light sources.

Ralf
    Keymaster

I assume your are using a Vive? That is done by design. The Vive has a fairly high vertical FOV, so for the sake of better image quality (higher pixel density) the vertical FOV is not fully used on Vive. Instead it uses the same vert FOV as Rift, while the horizontal FOV is used fully.

I wouldn’t really recommend that for the image quality reasons outlined above, but if you are severely bothered by the bars, you can use the “Image Zoom” option on the image page of the vorpX ingame menu to fill the screen fully. Moving the “Image Zoom” slider to its rightmost position fills the vertical FOV fully on Vive.

IMPORTANT: If that option isn’t visible, please wait an hour or two until we have a hotfix ready that fixes some missing menu entries on Vive.

hhhqwe
    Participant

Ralf, thanks for the quick answer! Any help regarding #2?
    Also when I tried the SE the direct VR scan crashed the game most of the time.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Are you using an AMD or an nVidia GPU? On nVidia shadows should always have been perfectly fine unless you force Ambient Occlusion in the graphics driver control panel or use some mod organizing program that uses it’s own ini files instead of the default Skyrim ini files. On AMD there supposedly is an odd shadow issue in some cases, but the circumstances are unclear since it can’t it be replicated here for some reason.

Memory scanning always poses a certain risk in regard to occasional crashes unfortunately, hence the warning in this regard on the scan progress screen. Although I can’t say that I have experienced that very often in Skyrim or the Special Edition. Unfortunately such things are extremely hard to diagnose since very system dependent. So all I can recommend is some very generic stuff like trying to reboot, not overclock and things like that.

hhhqwe
    Participant

Yeah, i5 + R390. Now after watching the flickers more closely, the shadows themselves don’t have any issues, however the fog around the mountains is causing the most issues. I’ll try to turn that off and see if it gets better.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!