Skyrim with skse and vorpx dk2

Homepage Forums Technical Support Skyrim with skse and vorpx dk2

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Fooder
    Participant

Is there a way to get skyrim with skse to work with vorpx it doesn’t seem to want to work together. I created a shortcut to skse with vorpx and while that method worked with the original skyrim it doesnt work with vorpx. The game just launches as it would normally

grodenglaive
    Participant

It still works for me. I’ll take a look at my settings tonight.

grodenglaive
    Participant

OK, my vorpx is linking to TESV.exe not the SkyrimLauncher.exe
    I have SKSE installed through Steam; possibly it is different if you installed it manually, I don’t know.

F:\Games\SteamApps\common\Skyrim\TESV.exe
    (My steam apps is probably in a different locale than yours, but if you search for TESV.exe you should find it)

It works whether I launch Skyrim from nexus mod manager or directly from Steam.

Fooder
    Participant

wait hold on, is steam the reliable way to launch games with vorpx? I have skyrim not from steam and that makes perfect sense, because it launches from TESV.exe but it wont launch from the SKSE launcher… This could be right.

Do you think it makes the same sense for morrowind?

grodenglaive
    Participant

vorpX and Steam get along just fine.
    I’m not sure about Morrowind, its a different engine.

alegse
    Participant

Skyrim works well with SKSE and with Steam in VorpX.
    The only legal copy of Skyrim is the Steam version (unless maybe there are other distributors in other countries). So your non-Steam skyrim probably has a different exe, SKSE and different setup than VorpX is designed for.
    I have never tried Morrowind However I did play Oblivion with VorpX using OBSE.
    I had Non-Steam Oblivion which worked fine with OBSE and vorpX but strangely only if I did it straight from windows startup. If I did anything else like go online or play other games then VorpX would NOT work with OBSE and would just go to regular monitor. So I would just restart and play from startup. This was a pain for tweaking because I would have to reboot for each change if I exited for ini file :/
    (this was with VorpX 0.9.1 and oculus 0.8)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!