Sleeping Dogs

Homepage Forums Game Hints and Settings Sleeping Dogs

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    zahncisten
    Participant

So, I tried the Sleeping Dogs profile in the cloud. Could someone check whether they have one color in one eye and another color in the other? I’m getting a blue tone in the right eye. Left Eye looks normal.
    I changed the settings, and discovered that there was not true G3D. In fact, with 3D is turned off, color is normal in both eyes.
    I downloaded virtually every compatible profile (thanks @RJK_!), but couldn’t find a better profile.
    I tried my hand at the shader transformation tool, but I had no idea what I was doing. Could someone better look into this?

zahncisten
    Participant

I tried out the profile that was made for the Definitive Edition of Sleeping Dogs, and it works for the regular edition. It has G3D and no color issues. There is a ghost texture issue that I tried to nail down in the shader options, but couldn’t isolate it. I think its a convergence issue with shadows. Anyone have a pointer on how to conquer that problem?

matteo39
    Participant
    matteo39
    Participant

I tried out the profile that was made for the Definitive Edition of Sleeping Dogs, and it works for the regular edition. It has G3D and no color issues. There is a ghost texture issue that I tried to nail down in the shader options, but couldn’t isolate it. I think its a convergence issue with shadows. Anyone have a pointer on how to conquer that problem?

IT IS PLAYABLE?

zahncisten
    Participant

Yeah, it’s playable. Some of the visual artifacts in G3D I thought were a little distracting, and it looks pretty good in Z-Normal, so I went with that. The G3D works alright, though.

I think the “big” problem is that the profile hasn’t determined all the “z” depth in the environment. In that sense, I don’t think its a true G3D profile. Some elements are G3D, like character models, but the environment itself doesn’t look like it has actual depth like some of the better profiles, though. Nothing against the Sleeping Dogs, Definitive Edition profile–its great, just not perfect. I don’t really know about making a real profile, but I tried improving the profile to see if I could get more geometry and depth out of it, but I failed. It was difficult!

That’s why I ended up switching to Z-Normal. It’s still a great game, and improved by VorpX!

matteo39
    Participant

i’ve tried sleeping dogs “first version” (not definitive edition) to apply the first person mod, but g3d won’t work with it.

i’ll try the definitive edition for g3d, so.

RJK_
    Participant

Hi Guys, i put a properly adjusted G3D profile into the cloud today, quite shure youre gonna like it.

Only one element couldn be fixed because it collides either with Shadows or HUD depth. See more here, so you need to decide whether you turn off shadow treatment or accept shosting effects during cutscenes. S3D should be perfect though.

jjensson
    Participant

Thanks so much, RJK_. Sleeping Dogs is one of my favorite games, and i’m glad that it gets the VorpX treatment it deserves. :thumbsup:

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!