So SW: Squadrons Sucks

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion So SW: Squadrons Sucks

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    TheLastStarfighter
    Participant

Do not buy this piece of crap.

Buggy mess and the VR is total crap. This is basically EVE for PSVR re-skinned to look like Star Wars. Awful game. The guys over at XWAupgrade.com made a VR mod for XwA and it beats the socks off this new game.

erised
    Participant

The bugs are brutal agreed. I couldn’t play in VR for first several days due to them. I agree that people probably shouldn’t buy it in its current state until these are ironed out.

However they have fixed a few of the VR bugs (not all) and was able to play the last few nights and I am having a good time. If you look at the dogfight mode then yes it plays alot like Eve Valkrie. However I would put this game leagues above Eve due to the campaign and fleet battles.

The campaign is actually the main bright spot for me so far. I was expecting small scale but the battles are much larger than expected. 30+ tie fighters plus some capital ships made me feel very immersed and excited.

I’ll check out the XwA VR mod to see how it compares.

TLDR: it is way better than Eve Valkrie and the best VR Dogfighting game I’ve played.

Jarilo
    Participant

The Campaign saves it, I don’t give a damn about the multiplayer and is why I didn’t give a damn about EVE. Otherwise yea, it feels like a reskinned EVE:Valkyrie with SW mod or something lol

Michelangel0
    Participant

In my case I loved it, I’m about to finish the single player campaing and the missions are awesome.

Also no issues in performance for VR. The trick is to set the NOVR options to the minimum, because that is for the monitor screen and all the VR Settings to whatever you want.

Incredible battles and some euphoric moments.
    It is more arcade than the oldskool sims but still is an awesome experience in VR.
    There are certain locations that are really mindblowing and mixed with the sense of scale on big ships combats.

Destroy
    Participant

I haven’t bought it yet as EA = bugs = VR very iffy.
    Plus 8hrs for $40 is bad value in my book.

So the big question I have for early adopters, is it better than Freespace 1 and 2?

Michelangel0
    Participant

Is a different game than Freespace 1 and 2, and faster and visually amazing for VR, one of the best looking games.

I’ve already played 9 hours and only the Single Player Campaign on Veteran difficulty, I didn’t finished it yet but I think I’m close.

I will try later the Fleet Battles and later the Multiplayer parts.

TheLastStarfighter
    Participant

Not in my book. Freespace 1 and 2 are closer to Xwing. This is more like… ugly ass 3-D outside of the ship… inside it looks somehow unreal. I dunno. When compared with the likes of Subnautica, this game’s VR sucks balls. It looks like that cheap, flat 3-D that early games used. I can’t quite put my finger on it, but it doesn’t look 3 dimensional. The cockpits are decent but XWA in VR and Rogue Squadron for Dolphin VR,set my bar extremely high. After playing that and seeing 3-D moving objects and then looking at this garbage and thinking (they had MILLIONS to work with), I’m super disappointed. Games made on the Gamecube 15 years ago work better than this pile of junk. If any of you have played Starfox for the GC in VR, you’ll know exactly what I mean. There are 3-D objects and there faux 3-D objects…this is the latter.

TheLastStarfighter
    Participant

speaking of which, has VorpX done Freespace?

Mesenzio
    Participant

Unfortunately not, the last versions of SCP run on the new OpenGL which is not supported. It kinda works with the old 3.x versions of SCP.

Destroy
    Participant

Freespace would be awesome with a VR mod.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!