So what when vorpX constantly makes a game crash?

Homepage Forums Technical Support So what when vorpX constantly makes a game crash?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    ToxicMike
    Participant

LOL this one haven´t happened to me yet and i am using vorpX on a daily basis with most games!

When i start SHADOW TACTICS – AIKO´S CHOICE, it crashed about 10 times in a row with working for just one time in between those 10 attempts. Now i shut off vorpX and started the game for the same amount of times and it didn´t crash for one single time!

DESPERADOS III is working flawlessly and i guess that one uses the same or a very similiar engine.

Any idea what is causing this?

ToxicMike
    Participant

Ok obviously vorpX makes this game crash as soon as it hooks.
    Restarting the system wasn´t helping and using another profile (DESPERADOS III) did not change anything neither. Maybe there is a profile that would work but i doubt that since obviously vorpX hooking causes the game to crash.

Restricting vorpX from hooking to it helped to the point of being able to play it on vorpX´s desktop viewer without vorpX killing it, but then again there the game has framerate issues making the whole experience more troublesome than satisfying.

Scrolling through the map causes stuttering and so are figures when they move. Those framerate issues are also happening on the free Bigscreenbeta desktop viewer but that´s noting special at all since a lot of games are having framerate issues there.

I don´t think it has something to do with the Epic-Client (also playing BREATHEDGE there), but since i am still not so sure, i am actually downloading the pirated version (it´s not copy protected) this moment to see if vorpX still makes it crash without the Epic-Client running in the background…

ToxicMike
    Participant

Interesting, the “pirated” version (no crack since it´s unprotected) doesn´t crash…it doesn´t even start loading up and now there is popping up this vorpX warning window:

View post on imgur.com

WTF? Why doesn´t this come with loading the epic version, when the only difference is its missing client?

ToxicMike
    Participant

I forgot to mention: Removing those 2 files results in the game behaving exactly like it does running with the epic client, it shortly loads up and then crashes as soon vorpX is supposed to hook to it.

ToxicMike
    Participant

Ok it works!!! Well, vorpX still causes it to crash with hooking, but i found what caused that terrible stuttering in vorpX desktop viewer! Game has 3 v-sync modes: 30, 60 and “Unlocked”, the last one caused it to stutter with vorpX desktop viewer.

So game works fine and like a charm, still would be interesting to find out what caused vorpX to hook the game to death tho.

v301
    Participant

All you have to do is connect two cables to the same LUL monitor :)

Default graphics settings: Win11 64bit
    Hardware-accelerated GPU scheduling ON
    Variable refresh rate ON
    Oprimisation for windowed games ON

ToxicMike
    Participant

All you have to do is connect two cables to the same LUL monitor :)

Default graphics settings: Win11 64bit
    Hardware-accelerated GPU scheduling ON
    Variable refresh rate ON
    Oprimisation for windowed games ON

Are you on heavy drugs?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!