[Unsupported Games] Some DX9 games not terminating properly

Homepage Forums Technical Support [Unsupported Games] Some DX9 games not terminating properly

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    RJK_
    Participant

Hello,

Because i noticed this during some recent game fixes i think its worth mentioning. Some DX9 games are not terminating properly. After shutting down their executables remain in taskmanager and must be terminated manually. Some games are Halo 2, Dreamfall: Longest Journey, Iron Man so far.

In VorpX log i found a WRN:
    WRN: OpenVRDirectModeManager Submit Error: 101 101 0

Can anyone confirm this ?

Ralf
    Keymaster

Exit crashes are avoided as much as possible, but can happen especially with some older games. That’s the nature of the beast. A game might exit before the Oculus/OpenVR runtime has a chance to unload for example, which may cause problems in some cases.

The warning is perfectly normal, always happens on submitting the first frame with OpenVR, nothing to worry about. Warnings in the log aren’t errors, a warning usually is just meant to highlight certain messages.

In general please don’t report problems with unsupported games as vorpX issues here unless you verified them with a supported title. Thanks. Unsupported games may or may not work or show all kinds of unusual/unintended behavior.

RJK_
    Participant

Thanks Ralf,ill keep that in mind, i probably confused myself with all the games i was trying lately, forgetting they arent supported.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!