Special issue NOT related to Vorpx directly: oculus runtime init failed etc

Homepage Forums Technical Support Special issue NOT related to Vorpx directly: oculus runtime init failed etc

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    netshaman
    Participant

I have Doom 3 bfg edition running with the VR mod for it made by Kozgit : https://github.com/KozGit/DOOM-3-BFG-VR/releases

And it crashes at start, i had tried dozen times to figure what it is related with no success.
    It has been MONTHS i try to…
    But suddenly today in the forum a message on the topic related to this issue said that enabling Vorpx makes the game start normally as it should , so i tried, and it worked !!!
    And at the start it shows this error message : ” oculus runtime init failed, oculus runtime error, attempting to re-initilaize with a diffrent version (-3008 ) ” .
    Now , i just want to know what this message is related too exactly to help the modder find a way to solve the issue .
    It is a very weird issue , because the mod don’t use the vorpx driver ( after start, i can safely disable it in the task manager and doom 3 VR continues to run normally ), so if someone can help me to find what is this mystery , it will be very appreciated :)
    Thank you .

P.S : Is Vorpx forcing the loading of an older version of the oculus rutime ?That is what the error message seems to say , but i’ m not sure of that, i need somme clues :)

Karlor
    Participant

Not sure sounds like you either need to update or rollback Oculus. Normally I would say probably need to update but in this situation it may be a roll back. The mod mite be made to run on a specific run time from oculus. If the mod hasn’t been updated in a while that’s probably the case.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!