Split: Star Citizen crashing

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Split: Star Citizen crashing

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    reanor
    Participant

I am using 1080, but I haven’t been able to run many games on vorpx. Witcher 3 and Star Citizen both crash for me. Performance in steam VR games and Oculus Home games though is solid 90 fps all the time. I am gonna try some more games tonight through VorpX, play with resolutions etc.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Star Citizen is not supported (and never was). It does crash on start since a SC update last year.

There is a workaround though that let’s you play it with the vorpX desktop viewer (Windows 8 or 10 required for this to be available). Follow this link for instructions.

reanor
    Participant

Hi Ralph, yes, it crashes with that workaround. For some reason Desktop Viewer crashes. Same in Witcher 3.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Did you pause the watcher after activating the desktop viewer (vorpX tray icon context menu)? Without doing that vorpX tries to hook into the game normally.

reanor
    Participant

Yup, without pausing the watcher game won’t even start. Paused the watcher, let the game go into menu screen, resume watcher, start the Desktop Viewer. After a few seconds, I get a magnifying glass in my Oculus and picture freezes, while it still going on my PC Screen.

Ralf
    Keymaster

That sound rather odd. With the watcher disabled, vorpX doesn’t hook into the games at all. If I understand the isue correctly the desktop viewer doesn’t even work?

Considering that games also don’t hook, I would assume some general issue. There might be an injection conflict with some other program on your PC. Many programs also hook into games and can cause such an issue. Not all of them are obvious.

Hottest candidates are: virus scanners, any sort of CPU/GPU utilities, game video recording/streaming software, chat programs and generally everything that can show notifictations in games.

Best way to trouble shoot is to disable/uninstall every background program that would not be there after a fresh, Microsoft only Windows install.

If you can’t solve the issue this way, please try to start a few games, then create a trouble shoot data archive in the vorpX config app and this archive to support |at| vorpx com. I will then check whether I can find something that you may have overlooked.

reanor
    Participant

This is the error that Desktop Viewer crashes with when workaround is used for any game (Pause watcher, get into game, resume watcher, switch theater mode off), then after a few seconds – crash:

View post on imgur.com

Ralf
    Keymaster

Not a known issue at all, sorry. Please try the trouble shooting steps outlined above and also those from the trouble shooting guide in the vorpX help. Double check especially for potential conflicts with other programs.

If you can’t solve the issue this way, please try to start a few games, then create a trouble shoot data archive in the vorpX config app and send this archive to support |at| vorpx com. I will then check whether I can find something that you may have overlooked.

reanor
    Participant

Ok, thank you.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!