Star Citizen 2021

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Star Citizen 2021

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    ParadiseDecay
    Participant

Hi all I recently purchased Star Citizan after seeing someone play in FULL VR. I have followed all the guides but for some reason my FULL VR setting in VorpX still shows an Immersive Screen only. I can’t look around the cockpit like I see other people doing in their videos.
    Any ideas?

Cheers
    Grahame
    aka PD

ParadiseDecay
    Participant

Here’s an example of what I mean…. At 5:58 in this video ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3Y5Ph3UlAE ) I see that screen (Immersive Screen) The guy presses a button or something to go into the cockpit and have FULL VR mode, he can then look behind him etc.
    At 5:58 when I hit edgepeek to go into the screen, it does not wrap around me like it does in the video, for me its still Immersive screen mode.
    I’m trying to figure out what Im doing wrong or missing?

Ralf
    Keymaster

You have to enable TrackIR head tracking somewhere in the game’s input or camera options (forgot where exactlly) and also in vorpX if it isn’t enabled there already.

Since a few versions vorpX can utilize TrackIR for head tracking if available in a game (usually flight or racing games). Whenever vorpX detects that a game suppoprts TrackIR, it displays an according hint in the top/left corner of the game window.

ParadiseDecay
    Participant

I’ll give that a try thanks Ralf.

ParadiseDecay
    Participant

I have TrackIR on in the game, following instructions, Also when I turn on the Opentrack Software all I see in the Headset is the Opentrack program? In this screen shot you can see the game in the background but in my Oculus Mirror showing what I see in my headset is the OpenTrack stopping me from seeing the game.

https://www.mediafire.com/view/g3qq0pxcrtpvpdr/SCIssues.jpg/file

Ralf
    Keymaster

vorpX has TrackIR support built in since a few versions. You don’t need to run OpenTrack manually. If you use a guide that says to run OpenTrack manually, it’s outdated. You should just have to launch the game and enable TrackIR in the game options.

If you downloaded older user settings from the cloud, also make sure to reset the profile to default. User settings from the cloud that are older than half a year or so would probably disable the built in TrackIR support.

ParadiseDecay
    Participant

So I should just use the default Star Citizen profile?

Im reinstalling the game, when the option for TrackIR pops up should I select YES?
    In the tutorials and videos I have watched they always say to Select NO, thats why this is so confusing.

Cheers
    Grahame

Ralf
    Keymaster

Most guides on the internet are probably outdated. Internal TrackIR support was introduced last autumn IIRC, so any guide from before that won’t cover this topic right.

After resetting the profile to default it should work out of the box (if enabled in the game options).

ParadiseDecay
    Participant

Im still confused when I start a new game I get a pop up asking if I want to enable TrackIR, do I select Yes or no? Cheers (Starting a game from fresh etc)

Ralf
    Keymaster

I don’t really know much about the game, sorry. Due to it’s ongoing Alpha status it is not really supported. When I last tried (checked earlier today for you to ensure all is still working) all I had to do is enabling TrackIR in the game options. Never saw any pop-up asking about TrackIR.

There seems to be an updated guide on the Star Citizen forums. Maybe that helps:
    https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/forum/50174/thread/vorpx-guide-for-3-11-3-12-with-new-headtracking-et

Better ask there if you have more questions. I only check the game every now and then to ensure it’s not entirely broken. Official support will be added when (if) the game becomes an actual game some day.

ParadiseDecay
    Participant

Thanks Ralf.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!