Star Citizen 3.0 now works with vorpX

Homepage Forums Game Hints and Settings Star Citizen 3.0 now works with vorpX

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    VictorM
    Participant

Hey, ive got it to work just fine as well guys! Make sure that Steam VR is off is you have it, in fact, to be safe, close out of steam completely if you are using a Rift.

Question though Eychimo, is there a way to decouple the head tracking from ship controls??? Everytime I look anywhere in my ship it is assigned to my controls. It makes flying very annoying since I can’t freely look around the ship without holding Z or F.

Thanks!

Eychimo
    Participant

in options, go to keybindings keyboard/mouse
    click advanced controls
    click flight movement
    click yaw. it will have mouse x axis bound. highlight it and click left mouse button to unbind.
    now go to pitch, do the same thing only it will be y axis. Now mouse and head tracking will no longer be bound to movement

Eychimo
    Participant

be sure your flying with joystick or gamepad though. mouse will no longer control ship movement

DiverTough
    Participant

Has anyone tested this on Vive yet?

Eychimo
    Participant

Have some one subscribed to my utube channel that has. Make sure you run SC in HMD native resolution to get some 3D depth. that being 2160×1200 or 1080×1200 if you didnt know. both work will work.

onebadboy
    Participant

I just got my DK2 to work with SC 3.0 and vorpX 17.3.2

bb

Thaele
    Participant

Seems like with 3.1.4 that Geometry 3d is Broken , do you know if there is a way to get it working again?

Eychimo
    Participant

No, It is something CIG did with code. You will just have to use z buffer till next Sc patch. I run all my games at 2160 X 1200 just to use VorpX at best HMD res. What ever change they made also resets the position of everything open on my desktop when i leave or tab out of game. I just have not taken time to see if I could get it working again. Most likely just needs an off or on switch for something in a CFG file. I personally do not really loose much 3d in z buffer so just not a priority for me to search out the cause. :)

Ralf
    Keymaster

No promises, but I will look into it. Unfortunately this is quite likely to happen on a regular basis until SC finally reaches a more stable state.

Thaele
    Participant

thank you Both !
    Yes Z normal seems to be ok. I just enjoyed having the better Huds with the Geo 3d.

Now only if we could get a twitch chat overlay

Eychimo
    Participant

There is if you are willing to use Restream Chat. I use it for both Twitch and youtube when streaming. then I go the extra step and turn on text to speech. I no longer need to see the chat as I can hear the text to speech translation of every comment or question.

Just scan through this live stream and you can hear comments and questions when they are made.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SU7DWKtS7_8

rich0550
    Participant

Great work going to try this! Thank you. Can you I contact you over chat, it helps allot when others have paved the way. Old flight simmer here, all the way back to Kesumia Air Warrior 1993. Looking for a new thing to do.

Eychimo
    Participant

Adding contacts in chat for Sc can be problematic. The only way to guarantee success is to look up some ones stats and add from there. Trying to do it in game or from account never works anymore, just turns up an error of contact list being full.

rich0550
    Participant

Hi Back again.

Thanks,
    there is NO geometry geometry option, just full VR mode , in that is spherical so forth. Not seeing the Z-depth options all that.

rich0550
    Participant

Coming up with another problem with the new profile. The mouse does not work in Star Citizen, with Vorpx running. Turn off watcher or ? Thanks

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 37 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!