Star Citizen 3.3x using Kingdom Come: Deliverance Profile

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Star Citizen 3.3x using Kingdom Come: Deliverance Profile

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    daggey
    Participant

See here :

Guide to VR using VorpX for 3.3
    by u/baybiker2000 in starcitizen

for guide re: star citizen 3.3x and vorpx – using the renaming binary trick to load Star Citizen with Kingdom Come: Delivery’s vorpx profile.

Any chance we can get the Kingdom Come: Deliverance profile or a variant thereof as an option for the star citizen profile (hopefully not much work to be done there), rather than the rigmarole of having to rename binary files etc ? Or even the ability to swap it over if we want to ? It has Geometry 3d and the Z-buffer modes seem to get faster frames.

Thanks

Ralf
    Keymaster

First the usual Star Citizen disclaimer: besides a profile being available the game is and for the foreseeable future will stay ‘unsupported’ due to its ever changing alpha status. Everything can break at any time without being fixed afterwards.

That out of the way: thanks for sharing. I’ll check the alpha 3.3 before the next larger vorpX update 19.1.0 and automate the .ini edits with the DirectVR settings optimizer to simplify the process for those who don’t want to mess with ini editing.

dborosev
    Participant

Thanks for the info.
    I gave up on Star Citizen a long time ago, so I’m not that familiar with its current state. What exactly is “playable” in the game right now? Is there much of a game, or is it still more like a tech demo?
    I may give it a try in Z3D cinema mode and avoid all the menu/headtracking/recenter headache.

Ralf
    Keymaster

First the usual Star Citizen disclaimer that preceeds every reply regarding the game: besides a profile being available the game is ‘unsupported’ due to its ever changing alpha status. Everything can break at any time without being fixed afterwards.

I’m not an expert, so others are welcome to correct me, but as far as I’m aware you can play the Arena Commander dogfight module, which is available for quite a while and since not too long ago also a few missions in the actual multiplayer universe.

Not a complete game yet, but quite a bit more than two years ago.

morbidexpression
    Participant

Yuck. What a cruel thing to do to people. It’s still the same content-free tech demo it always was. Buy an Idris!

daggey
    Participant

Just to update – that guide has been significantly re-jigged/improved both on the original reddit post and the mirrored version on Star Citizen forums. To the SC haters, man, you guys are going to have so much egg on your face. Remember it when the game is finished and is hailed as the biggest thing ever. IF you don’t get it now, you will in time.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!