Star Citizen Profile

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Star Citizen Profile

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    daggey
    Participant

Heys now that Star Citizen is hooking without crashing again can we get a profile for it ? There is some weirdness going on whereby I can’t make a copy of one of the cryengine/Far Cry ones and associate it with Star Citizen (like you used to be able to do back when it worked) because it is saying that StarCitizen.exe is already associated with a profile, but when you search through the list, there is no profile available to edit/delete (so I can use the farcry one instead). So can we either get a Star Citizen profile or delete the “hidden” one that appears to be in there somewhere, which is preventing star citizen being associated with a different profile ?

Thanks

dborosev
    Participant

Is there an actual game there to play yet? Or is it still just bits a pieces of tech demo? I’d love to play, but it sounds like there wont be a game until 2020.

daggey
    Participant

The latest release (Alpha 3.0 – only a few days old) has opened up the gameplay a lot. You can now do some basic cargo hauling, a few mercenary missions, and land on planets and explore using land vehicles etc. There is not *much* of a “game” there as yet, but it is very impressive all the same to see the level of fidelity/simulation they have baked in. Need a beefy rig though.

dborosev
    Participant

Yeah until it has a game and a point to doing things, I have no interest in it. Just flying around for the sake of flying around isn’t much fun. Its too bad that they are doing this. It could be so good. Maybe our kids will enjoy it.

aliakas
    Participant

im surprised that there are not a profile for the SC ARENA COMMANDER that is a mode
    inside SC that plays excellent in flat monitors.
    the SC Universe is unplayable for vr for now it plays 20-30 fps in monitors with stutter so not big deal.
    but the arena commander if there was a profile that should very playable

Ralf
    Keymaster

Since sometime 2016 until recently Star Citizen crashed shortly after starting the game. Surprisingly vorpX 17.3.0 apparently hooks into alpha 3 again, so I will check whether a basic profile makes sense or not. No promises, don’t expect anything, but it will be looked into.

daggey
    Participant

Thanks Ralf I would be hugely grateful. Any/all efforts much appreciated.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!