Star Citizen

Homepage Forums Technical Support Star Citizen

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Brewnix
    Participant

Hi all. Just curious question, new to Vorpx. Got this program to try out Star citizen and have not been able to get it to attach to the game. It tries shows the attaching to star citizen window. Then the game starts and I get the window “this could take a very long time if the game seems like the game is hanging you can. 3 options “Add to exclude list” “Close Program” “Do nothing” I was wondering if the new patch to Star Citizen botched something up? Is any user using Vorpx with Star Citizen right now. Odd question but I see that most threads are dated to the beginning of the year for Star Citizen.
    Thanks! Brew

steph12
    Participant

hello,

can you try to start another game supported by vorpx to see if it works ?

and what antivirus are you using ?

Brewnix
    Participant

Hi, Thanks for the help! So anti virus is Windows 10 defender. And I will have to work on the other game. Right now there is only 2 games I have installed and play and that’s DCS World and Star Citizen. So the other game I have a subscription to is Elder Scrolls Online just not installed. If that’s a ok game to try I will reinstall it and give it go. Technically I just bought and installed a fresh copy of windows 10 last month. So I have only installed the few games I play. Give me a few days to get this done ill report back Thanks!

Brewnix
    Participant

ok so I have tried ESO and Star Citizen they both produce the same problem its starts to attach and then around 1 min or so I get the window this can take while with the 3 options to “move to exclude list” “close program” or “do nothing” The game still loads and I can play just no vorpx like it times out maybe.
    Things I have tried. I used to run 3 monitors I unplugged 2 and I am down to one and Oculus Rift.
    I run Oculus Home then Vorpx then Star citizen launcher.
    I found the Troubleshoot button and it placed a zip file on desktop of three note pad which I Found my onboard graphics was enabled. So I disabled it.
    Should I copy and paste this info from the trouble shooter?
    Lowered my desktop rez to 1280×960 and placed game in window mode. I have tried end tasking on a few things in the task manager but nothing seems to matter.

I have not tried to add a profile I was under the impression I should not have to add a Profile. Vorpx already has a default profile? Thanks for the help

Ralf
    Keymaster

Start issues like this one are likely caused by an injection conflict with other programs on your PC that also hook into games, especially if they occur with multiple games in a similar manner. Most likely candidates are: virus scanners, any sort of CPU/GPU utilities, game video recording/streaming software, chat programs and generally everything that can show notifictations in games.

Best way to trouble shoot this is to disable/uninstall programs running in the background.

Apart from that there are also a few less common potential pitfalls. These are listed in the trouble shooting sticky post.

Brewnix
    Participant

Ok I completely agree thanks for posting! There is something running that is hooking it before Starcitizen can. So I found this trbl shooter in Vorpx is this a good indication of what running
    I’ll post this here the list and can you help me determine which program should go. The tech link you posted I have read multiple times. I have not used any of the overlay programs and only antivirus is windows defender so i am thinking it has
    something to do with a DX DLL like it suggest! What I did for clarity, I rebooted computer started vorpx and hit the trbl shooting button. And this is what it gave me! Thanks for the help I would like to get this working. I am just a little slow on Windows 10 as I just moved over from Win 7. Thx!

“vorpX_procs”

[Prog] ApplicationFrameHost.exe | full path: C:\Windows\System32\ApplicationFrameHost.exe
    [Prog] browser_broker.exe | full path: C:\Windows\System32\browser_broker.exe
    [Prog] conhost.exe | full path: C:\Windows\System32\conhost.exe
    [Prog] conhost.exe | full path: C:\Windows\System32\conhost.exe
    [Prog] ctfmon.exe | full path: C:\Windows\System32\ctfmon.exe
    [Prog] dllhost.exe | full path: C:\Windows\System32\dllhost.exe
    [Prog] explorer.exe | full path: C:\Windows\explorer.exe
    [Prog] LockApp.exe | full path: C:\Windows\SystemApps\Microsoft.LockApp_cw5n1h2txyewy\LockApp.exe
    [Prog] MicrosoftEdge.exe | full path: C:\Windows\SystemApps\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\MicrosoftEdge.exe
    [Prog] MicrosoftEdgeCP.exe | full path: C:\Windows\SystemApps\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\MicrosoftEdgeCP.exe
    [Prog] MicrosoftEdgeCP.exe | full path: C:\Windows\SystemApps\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\MicrosoftEdgeCP.exe
    [Prog] MSASCuiL.exe | full path: C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MSASCuiL.exe
    [Prog] nvcontainer.exe | full path: C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\NvContainer\nvcontainer.exe
    [Prog] NVIDIA Web Helper.exe | full path: C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\NvNode\NVIDIA Web Helper.exe
    [Prog] OVRRedir.exe | full path: C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-runtime\OVRRedir.exe
    [Prog] OVRServer_x64.exe | full path: C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-runtime\OVRServer_x64.exe
    [Prog] RtkNGUI64.exe | full path: C:\Program Files\Realtek\Audio\HDA\RtkNGUI64.exe
    [Prog] RuntimeBroker.exe | full path: C:\Windows\System32\RuntimeBroker.exe
    [Prog] SearchProtocolHost.exe | full path: C:\Windows\System32\SearchProtocolHost.exe
    [Prog] SearchUI.exe | full path: C:\Windows\SystemApps\Microsoft.Windows.Cortana_cw5n1h2txyewy\SearchUI.exe
    [Prog] SettingSyncHost.exe | full path: C:\Windows\System32\SettingSyncHost.exe
    [Prog] ShellExperienceHost.exe | full path: C:\Windows\SystemApps\ShellExperienceHost_cw5n1h2txyewy\ShellExperienceHost.exe
    [Prog] sihost.exe | full path: C:\Windows\System32\sihost.exe
    [Prog] smartscreen.exe | full path: C:\Windows\System32\smartscreen.exe
    [Prog] svchost.exe | full path: C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe
    [Prog] taskhostw.exe | full path: C:\Windows\System32\taskhostw.exe
    [Prog] vorpConfig.exe | full path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Animation Labs\vorpX\vorpConfig.exe
    [Prog] vorpControl.exe | full path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Animation Labs\vorpX\vorpControl.exe
    [Prog] vorpControl64.dat | full path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Animation Labs\vorpX\vorpControl64.dat
    [Service] armsvc.exe | full path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\ARM\1.0\armsvc.exe
    [Service] ICCProxy.exe | full path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Intel(R) Integrated Clock Controller Service\ICCProxy.exe
    [Service] igfxCUIService.exe | full path: C:\Windows\system32\igfxCUIService.exe
    [Service] LocalSystem” | full path: C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\Display.NvContainer\NVDisplay.Container.exe” -s NVDisplay.ContainerLocalSystem -f “C:\ProgramData\NVIDIA\NVDisplay.ContainerLocalSystem.log” -l 3 -d “C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\Display.NvContainer\plugins\LocalSystem” -r -p 30000
    [Service] lsass.exe | full path: C:\Windows\system32\lsass.exe
    [Service] LSM | full path: LSM
    [Service] MsMpEng.exe | full path: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Defender\platform\4.18.1807.18075-0\MsMpEng.exe
    [Service] NisSrv.exe | full path: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Defender\platform\4.18.1807.18075-0\NisSrv.exe
    [Service] NvContainerTelemetryApi.dll | full path: C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\NvContainer\nvcontainer.exe” -s NvContainerLocalSystem -f “C:\ProgramData\NVIDIA\NvContainerLocalSystem.log” -l 3 -d “C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\NvContainer\plugins\LocalSystem” -r -p 30000 -st “C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\NvContainer\NvContainerTelemetryApi.dll
    [Service] OVRServiceLauncher.exe | full path: C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-runtime\OVRServiceLauncher.exe
    [Service] plugins” | full path: C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\NvTelemetry\NvTelemetryContainer.exe” -s NvTelemetryContainer -f “C:\ProgramData\NVIDIA\NvTelemetryContainer.log” -l 3 -d “C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\NvTelemetry\plugins” -r
    [Service] PresentationFontCache.exe | full path: C:\Windows\Microsoft.Net\Framework64\v3.0\WPF\PresentationFontCache.exe
    [Service] SearchIndexer.exe | full path: C:\Windows\system32\SearchIndexer.exe /Embedding
    [Service] SecurityHealthService.exe | full path: C:\Windows\system32\SecurityHealthService.exe
    [Service] SgrmBroker.exe | full path: C:\Windows\system32\SgrmBroker.exe
    [Service] spoolsv.exe | full path: C:\Windows\System32\spoolsv.exe
    [Service] svchost.exe | full path: C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k appmodel -p
    [Service] svchost.exe | full path: C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k appmodel -p
    [Service] svchost.exe | full path: C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k DcomLaunch -p
    [Service] svchost.exe | full path: C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k DcomLaunch -p
    [Service] svchost.exe | full path: C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k LocalService -p
    [Service] svchost.exe | full path: C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k LocalService -p
    [Service] svchost.exe | full path: C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe -k LocalService -p
    [Service] svchost.exe | full path: C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe -k LocalService -p
    [Service] svchost.exe | full path: C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation -p
    [Service] svchost.exe | full path: C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted -p
    [Service] svchost.exe | full path: C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted -p
    [Service] svchost.exe | full path: C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted -p
    [Service] svchost.exe | full path: C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted -p
    [Service] svchost.exe | full path: C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork -p
    [Service] svchost.exe | full path: C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork -p
    [Service] svchost.exe | full path: C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork -p
    [Service] svchost.exe | full path: C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted -p
    [Service] svchost.exe | full path: C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted -p
    [Service] svchost.exe | full path: C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted -p
    [Service] svchost.exe | full path: C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted -p
    [Service] svchost.exe | full path: C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs
    [Service] svchost.exe | full path: C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs -p
    [Service] svchost.exe | full path: C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs -p
    [Service] svchost.exe | full path: C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs -p
    [Service] svchost.exe | full path: C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs -p
    [Service] svchost.exe | full path: C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe -k NetSvcs -p
    [Service] svchost.exe | full path: C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k NetworkService -p
    [Service] svchost.exe | full path: C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k NetworkService -p
    [Service] svchost.exe | full path: C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe -k NetworkService -p
    [Service] svchost.exe | full path: C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe -k NetworkService -p
    [Service] svchost.exe | full path: C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k rpcss -p
    [Service] svchost.exe | full path: C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k RPCSS -p
    [Service] svchost.exe | full path: C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k UnistackSvcGroup
    [Service] svchost.exe | full path: C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k UnistackSvcGroup
    [Service] svchost.exe | full path: C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe -k UnistackSvcGroup
    [Service] svchost.exe | full path: C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe -k utcsvc -p
    [Service] svchost.exe | full path: C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k wsappx -p
    [Service] vorpService.exe | full path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Animation Labs\vorpX\vorpService.exe
    [Service] XtuService.exe | full path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Intel(R) Extreme Tuning Utility\XtuService.exe

vorpX System Info 8/12/2018 10:46:21 PM

_ Computer System ________________________________________________________

Name: COREYPC
    Model: Z97X-SOC
    Manufacturer: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.

_ Operating System _______________________________________________________

Name: Microsoft Windows 10 Home
    Version: 10.0.17134
    Architecture: 64-bit
    Build Number: 17134
    Boot Device: \Device\HarddiskVolume1

_ Folders ________________________________________________________________

System : C:\Windows\system32
    Documents: C:\Users\corey\Documents
    Local AppData: C:\Users\corey\AppData\Local
    Common AppData: C:\ProgramData
    vorpX Install: C:\Program Files (x86)\Animation Labs\vorpX\
    vorpX MainData: C:\ProgramData\Animation Labs\vorpX\

_ CPU ____________________________________________________________________

Name: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00GHz
    Cores: 4

_ Memory _________________________________________________________________

Name: Physical Memory
    Capacity: 8192.00 MB

Name: Physical Memory
    Capacity: 8192.00 MB

_ GPU ____________________________________________________________________

Name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070
    Device ID: VideoController1
    Adapter RAM: 4095.00 MB
    Adapter DAC Type: Integrated RAMDAC
    Driver Files: C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_52ac7eb8f32780d5\nvldumdx.dll,C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_52ac7eb8f32780d5\nvldumdx.dll,C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_52ac7eb8f32780d5\nvldumdx.dll,C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_52ac7eb8f32780d5\nvldumdx.dll
    Driver Version: 24.21.13.9882
    Video Processor: GeForce GTX 1070
    Video Architecture: 5
    Video Memory Type: 2

Vorpx

INF: VorpControl: Starting (32bit, version 18.2.4).
    INF: VorpControl: Starting (64bit, version 18.2.4).

Ralf
    Keymaster

The “Intel Extreme Tuning Utility” is a CPU/GPU tool that probably hooks into games and may create a conflict. Try to uninstall it.

Try to disable the integrated graphics in the BIOS if you didn’t do that already.

Try to exclude the vorpX program folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\Animation Labs\vorpX\) in Defender. Shouldn’t be necessary, but can’t hurt.

Also disabling the “Smartscreen” option in Windows Defender is worth a try.

Brewnix
    Participant

Ok I am at a lost with this. I uninstalled the XTU utility and disabled windows screen it shows Vorpx still starts and try’s to hook and SC still starts as normal. But Vorpx still times out. I have exited out of my Realtek sound manager. with that gone I waited 5mins but SC stop responding with Realtek manager gonna. Don’t know if that was a coincidence. What I would really like is a notification of what Vorpx is hooking to or hanging up on and maybe a utility Vorpx recommends turning off software! I am not a programmer so to start and stop the Program 5 to 6 times trying to exit stuff is kind of blindly running in the dark. So the other thing I think of was that right as I installed Vorpx I also update the firmware on the Rift. It just happened to have a update. Maybe that messing with it? Thanks for your help!

Brewnix
    Participant

So one more question do you think it matters what drive the game is on? Vorpx is installed on the C:\ drive and game is on F:\ drive. Thanks!

steph12
    Participant

So one more question do you think it matters what drive the game is on? Vorpx is installed on the C:\ drive and game is on F:\ drive. Thanks!

i dont think it matters.

have you tried to run vorpx as administrator ? sometimes that fixes things. keep in mind tho that some games do not work with vorpx with administrator checked, at least for me.

Brewnix
    Participant

So I have it checked still no go Thanks!

olistreet
    Participant

Hi guys,

I have a quick question, I’m setting up Star Citizen with Vorpx, and I’m happy tinkering in Immersive mode, or Cinema or Vr mode, my only issue, is that I’m not being able to get headtracking from my Oculus CV1 working, I have unbinded mouse for movement and view in the Star Citizen controls page, but when I move my head left and right just a little movement occurs, but by no means I’m being able to reach to the side windows of my ships, looking up and down is more or less the same, little movement occurs. Do you have a solution for this?

Regards.
    Olistreet

dellrifter22
    Participant

@olistreet – Maybe you just need to turn up the headtracking sensitivity in the vorpX menu. Push the Delete key while in game and experiment with higher values on the headtracking slider. If it’s not on the front page, arrow through to the tracking page.

olistreet
    Participant

Hi @dellrifter22, I have tried that with no success, the only thing that happens when I play with headtracking values from within Vorpx, is that I get faster headtracking movement, but somehow I am not able to fully rotate my head wherever I want.

Brewnix
    Participant

Are we allowed to post pictures in this forum? Or links to pictures. Trying to post a link to my google drive for a pic that Vorpx state that its in when I run Starcitizen.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!