Star Trek Online broken now

Homepage Forums Game Hints and Settings Star Trek Online broken now

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    TightAssPants
    Participant

Geometry3D used to work with the cloud profile. Is there a way to fix it?

dellrifter22
    Participant

Thanks for the heads up. An updated G3D profile has now been created for the current build and uploaded to the cloud. Look for Star Trek Online 2021.

I have not tested all graphical options, but with modest settings things are looking pretty clean. It is still recommended to turn off shadows and depth of field effects. Also note that switching off G3D at any time may crash the game.

Don’t forget to paste the FOV command into chat if you have not already done so (should only need to be done once per install):

/gfxsetdefaultfov 90

Hope it works for you. Good luck.

TightAssPants
    Participant

Thanks a mil! I need to pay you.

markbradley1982
    Participant

Is it worth getting into Star Trek Online now? I love playing Bridge Crew with my friends and have been on a big Star Trek kick, binging on TNG (the remaster is amazing).

Fazrei
    Participant

Not working with the latest update to STO

dellrifter22
    Participant

It’s still working here for me (steam version). Did you download the new 2021 cloud profile from June?

Make sure you have excluded the launcher “Star Trek Online.exe” in the vorpX config app. We don’t want to hook the launcher, instead we want to hook GameClient.exe that initiates after you click “Engage”.

Also, if you have an oculus headset you can try running vorpX in SteamVR mode. Sometimes that helps with hooking certain games.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!