Star Wars: Dark Forces 2 / Jedi Knight

Homepage Forums Game Hints and Settings Star Wars: Dark Forces 2 / Jedi Knight

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    MetaMind09
    Participant

Hello there,
    I m very new with vorpx maybe I did something wrong etc. I m trying to get Jedi Knight 1 to work with vorpx…unfortunately there are no custom profiles for this gmae out there yet. So I tried to hook it up with vorpx via dgvoodoo but when I start the game I only am able to play via cinema-mode not real 3d vr. Can anybody help me out plz. Is it possible to play this great 90s gem inside vr??

Best regards

RJK_
    Participant

If thats the game from 1997 youll be out of luck because its using Directx 5. VorpX can produce 3D only with DX7/8 games. Anything else DX1-6 and Glide Games can only be played in 2D. If the game supports opengl you may try the Descent 2 profile with opengl.

matteo39
    Participant

alien vs predator 2000 (classic) use dx9 and dx11 with 2000 steam edition, can you try it?

MetaMind09
    Participant

First of, thank you both for you kind response. I m using the Samsung Oddyssey+.
    I tried the descent 2 profile but no luck…now its not even giving me a ingame picture…the hmd is still in steamvr environment. Maybe I can try get it running with dgvoodoo. speaking of I read somewhere that vorpx supports dx1-9 with dgvoodoo. Is that not true?

@matteo39

I also have AvP99 but havent tried it yet.

RJK_
    Participant

Like said, VorpX supports DGVoodoo2 DX1-8 and Glide in monoscopic but only DX7/8 is Stereoscopic view. DX9 works only partly with the latest DGvoodoo2 WIP on shader model 1 and 2, but only when Hexediting the games exe (d3d9.dll replaced with v3d9.dll). That tip with Descent2 profile works only if the game has an openGL mode.

matteo39
    Participant

up

matteo39
    Participant
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!