Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order with PS5 Controller

Homepage Forums Technical Support Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order with PS5 Controller

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    bjr84
    Participant

Hi,

I want to play Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order with my controller (not with KB/Mouse) and in vorpx immersive screen and with no head tracking. Therefore, i run the game (which looks brilliant in vorpx, i might add) and turn head tracking multiplier all the way down (i.e. 0). i choose immersive screen mode, and i turn off the override x-box gamepad option. So, basically just using vorpx for the 3D environment, and the controller as if i were gaming without vorpx. but the controller does not work. When i push and hold the PS button and move the sticks, i get the camera rotation, but thats it. Im thinking that vorpx is using my controller as a KB/Mouse alternative in this situation? is there a way to just completely disable KB/Mouse and have the system default to using the controller the way it would typically?

thank you!

ben

ToxicMike
    Participant

I am actually playing it myself at this moment and i am using a PS4 controller, which works flawlessly with Fallen Order as well with other games like Desperados 3, the Resident Evil 2 Remake etc.

Tried your ps5 controller with other games in vorpX? Probably a ps4 controller solves it after all.

bjr84
    Participant

Thanks for your response! Yea this one is weird for sure, as, yes, the PS5 controller works for many other games in vorpx. It seems to be a recent thing that happened and stopped working for only some games. I havnt yet reinstalled windows like i mentioned, but im almost 100% knowing that that will solve the problem – it has to be something in a recent update, or something that needs to be updated to patch.

ben

bjr84
    Participant

Ralf! :)

I completely reinstalled Windows 10, Steam Vorpx (and everything else). The issue is still occurring! Weird!

So, to reiterate, about mid-2022, my PS5 controller stopped working with some games in Vorpx. It works fine with some and completely does not with others. But it did before this time.

Also, even when I use profiles from games that it does work, with those that it does not, it doesn’t solve the problem. Therefore, it appears to be a problem with the game itself?

BUT… when running NOT in Vorpx, the controller works fine!

Before this I understood that turning on ‘X-Box Gamepad Override’ which used to fix the issue.

Please help!!

ben

bjr84
    Participant

I meant to say:

Also, even when I use profiles from games that Vorpx and the ps5 controller does work, it doesn’t solve the problem. Therefore, it appears to be a problem with the game itself?

bjr84
    Participant

Just ran Virtual Desktop and controller didnt work! So its not VorpX i think………………………………………………………………….
    Ben

bjr84
    Participant

SOLVED!!!!
    It was the PS5 Controller/PS5 configuration in Steam.
    I said the heck w/ ps5 controller and went back to the Xbox controller – works good!
    Ben

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!