Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 2? Does it work at all?

Homepage Forums Game Hints and Settings Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 2? Does it work at all?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    legaiaflame2
    Participant

Just wondering if Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 2 works at all with VorpX? I know it’s not supported, but does it work at all? If I were to buy it off Steam could I play it in VorpX with any noticeable 3D settings akin to the fist game?

I’m just wondering because the first game is supported (Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic), and you can get that game to look really nice in VR.

zahncisten
    Participant

There is a game profile for it in the cloud (You’ll have to import it through the VorpX program). It’s G3D, so it should work perfectly. There are some additional instructions in the profile. It’s definitely worth the try, although I haven’t tried KOTOR2 in VorpX.

legaiaflame2
    Participant

Thanks a lot!

legaiaflame2
    Participant

It says in the Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 2 cloud description to:

-disable videos if game crashes on them

Does he mean within the actual games settings or VorpX’s in game settings? If within VorpX, is there a setting in there to disable videos?

I had this problem in the first game, every time the intro video played VorpX or the game would crash. I had to get past the intro video by playing it on my computer normally and then saving at the beginning…

zahncisten
    Participant

You need to disable the movies in the configuration settings for the game itself. In the bottom line:
    edit swkotor2.ini file and in the [Display] section change “Disable Intro Movies” from 0 to 1.
    Then: add “Disable Movies=1” at the bottom in the [Game Options] section.
    So:
    Change: [Display] “Disable Intro Movies=0” to “Disable Intro Movies=1”
    Add: [Game Options] “Disable Movies=1”.

Also there are a lot of bugs on modern hardware which causes the game to crash frequently (not VorpX fault, it’s just what the game does nowadays). A current mod will help stabilize and modernize the game. Found here:
    https://www.moddb.com/mods/the-sith-lords-restored-content-mod-tslrcm
    More information here:
    https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013/01/03/the-fixer-how-to-restore-knights-of-the-old-republic-ii/

For further information on your particular problem and the mod itself, see:
    https://steamcommunity.com/app/208580/discussions/0/864973760760544824/

legaiaflame2
    Participant

I noticed while playing, that the various lights in the Ebon Hawk, cities and the lightsabers themselves, give off a very intense glare. It can be kind of blinding at times. Is there any way to adjust, lower, or fix this?

Adil3tr
    Participant

Is there a mod to play the whole game in first person?

RJK_
    Participant

Here is a good site to look for mods, tweaks and workarounds for many games

legaiaflame2
    Participant

I don’t think a mod will fix my glare problem though. It’s a result of the 3D effect from VorpX. All of the lights shine too bright once you turn the 3D up. The first game doesn’t have this problem…

zahncisten
    Participant

Is there an ingame setting for volumetric lighting or any lighting settings? …

Alright, just downloaded the game to check and I can’t find any lighting specific settings in either in-game or .ini settings. There are mods for lighting, but that’s not really what you want. You can check at the site provided by @RJK_ but they may be incompatible with the Restored Content Mod and they may prevent VorpX from hooking properly. Obviously, there is a “Brightness” slider in the game settings; that may be as good as it gets 😢

legaiaflame2
    Participant

I played around with the brightness settings in the VorpX menu and the actual game menu. There is actually a brightness slider in the VorpX menu (press Delete and cycle through the pages). Raising or lowering any of these does not take away the glare. For some reason the glare occurs when you turn up the 3D slider/intensity.

I mean I just played the first game and turned up the 3D to whatever I wanted and I had no glare. Can any programmers on here edit the user made profile and correct this and reupload it to the cloud? Because nothing in the menu’s will fix this…

The glare makes it hard to see at times. This is a really awesome Star Wars game and it would be really nice if it was officially supported, with this problem ironed out.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!