Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (Flickering and duplicate enemy names!)

Homepage Forums Technical Support Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (Flickering and duplicate enemy names!)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    legaiaflame2
    Participant

I played through Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic but in some areas of the game I get graphics flickering in the environments. Also, when I see the names above enemies they are duplicated (the enemy name above them and another duplicate higher up the screen) and also flickering.

Does anyone know what is causing this and how to fix it? Note: I also played Kotor 2 and it ran just fine without any of these problems. I tried uninstalling the game and reinstalling and it didn’t fix the problem.

matteo39
    Participant

ME TOO!

legaiaflame2
    Participant

I mean the game is playable but it’s just annoying; for instance when you’re on Tatooine and the sand floor starts flickering allowing you to see through the graphics…I wonder what is causing this? It even does this without using VorpX…

Also, you can’t do the Swoop bike races using 3D or eventually everything goes black. For the races you have to turn the 3d slider all the way down…

matteo39
    Participant

Fortunately kotor2 runs good

RJK_
    Participant

I can not confirm what youre reporting, did the swoop bike race with great 3D too.

legaiaflame2
    Participant

Everything in kotor2 works great except for the glare. When you turn up the 3D the glare from any light will become very bright. But other than that the game works good.

legaiaflame2
    Participant

As far as Kotor 1 goes it run good except for glitching pieces of the environment coming in and out of view as you move in “some” locations. As well as duplicate flickering enemy names.

And yes, in the first game you will have to turn 3d off for the swoop races as once you go over a few boosters the screen goes black..

legaiaflame2
    Participant

Does anyone have any suggestions to fix the first Kotor?

RJK_
    Participant

How is the 3D FOV enhancement value? If that is above the default settings lower it down to default, it can cause glitches in some games.

I have observed graphics drivers behaving differently with steamVR. May be changing to a lower/higher version might help with the black screen.

legaiaflame2
    Participant

How is the 3D FOV enhancement value? If that is above the default settings lower it down to default, it can cause glitches in some games.

I have observed graphics drivers behaving differently with steamVR. May be changing to a lower/higher version might help with the black screen.

I put the 3d to default and still get the flickering/duplicate enemy names. When I turn 3d reconstruction completely off it fixes the flickering and duplicate enemy names. But, then I would have no 3d which is the entire point of VorpX…

RJK_
    Participant

May be thats an openGL issue, i remember Unreal Tournament behaving similar. Another thing you can do check the VorpX HUD Settings and give the 3 sliders different values. If you can rename the executable of the game, do that, then try different Quake profiles , also try the Descent 2 and Star Wars: Jedi Knight II – Jedi Outcast profile with the game.

legaiaflame2
    Participant

How do I try different profiles with a game? I’m not sure how, I’ve just always started VorpX and then double clicked the game icon on my desktop…

RJK_
    Participant

This is quite simple. Right click on a game in the local profile list, make a copy and add the renamed games exe to that profile “ADD” button. If a games exe has the same name that a local profile already has you will get an error message, therefore rename the games exe.

legaiaflame2
    Participant

Let me know if any of these profiles fix the flickering and duplicate enemy names.

legaiaflame2
    Participant

This problem is now fixed for me. One or all of these things might have fixed it:

first, I uninstalled the game deleted all save files and clean installed the game. Also, I’m not using any mods on the game.

Next, I went into my Nvidia control panel and selected preferred graphics processor to high performance NVIDIA processor and made sure to turn off Vertical Sync and…

And lastly, in the game folder and within the ini file I also had under:

[Graphics Options]
    Frame Buffer=0

Had that set to 0 from another forum suggestion.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!