Star Wars Republic Commando with RJK’s profile: no depth on many elements

Homepage Forums Game Hints and Settings Star Wars Republic Commando with RJK’s profile: no depth on many elements

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Ovo
    Participant

Almost everything looks fine for the first couple minutes of the game, then I arrived in the first underground section where 80% of the world geometry is rendered flat, which looks atrocious. Can something be done about this? Or is it an issue on my end?

RJK_
    Participant

Please send a savegame to the email adress on my webpage below so i can have a look- Thanks

Ovo
    Participant

Done, thanks!

RJK_
    Participant

There is a new profile now on the cloud that is specifically fixed for DGVoodoo2 version 2_55_4. Newer versions may or may not work, try rather older versions then newer ones if you dont have this specific version available.

– flat objects fixed
    – improved HUD

Note:
    Games that i have fixed for DGVoodoo2 without a version note require v2_55_4 or earlier.

Hope this profile will work now throughout the rest of the game.

Ovo
    Participant

Mmh, the game crashes at launch for me with your new profile and dgVoodoo 2.55.4, even with a clean install of everything and after rebooting… :/
    It doesn’t crash with the latest version of dgV but it’s still rendering flat.

RJK_
    Participant

Sad to here, i guess there is nothing i can do further. DGVoodoo with VorpX is experimental stuff, it may work or may not.
    A current version signature problem in the vorpX cloud may be the reason, but i am not shure.

Try the profile directly from here (may help, may not): http://rjkole.com/p_temp/SWRC_DG2554.vpp

All i can suggest is the following,
    – update vorpx to 20.1.1 if not done already
    – Use default settings of DGVoodoo
    — and use game folder as config folder ,set VRAM to 1024
    – try different compatibility modes for the game
    – try different ways to start the game (eg. vorpx shortcut or Alternate hooking)

I fixed the retail game, if you are using a non retail version (steam,GOG) this may causes the crash.

Ovo
    Participant

Ah, I’m using the Steam version, could be this. It’s patched with update 1.0. What about your version?

Thanks a lot for your efforts by the way, I’ll drop you a tip, if I can add your account to my beneficiaries this time. :)

RJK_
    Participant

My Version is
    Init: Build: 139
    Init: Engine version: 2226

Please see if the game runs without steam (rename steam.exe)
    and/or run the game directly from the game folder. If none of the above works
    one last thing i can offer is looking into the steam game (without guarantee). If you wish, click on the blue Icon on this page http://rjkole.com?g=124

Ovo
    Participant

use game folder as [gVoodoo2’s] config folder ,set VRAM to 1024

That did it, you’re a master!

There are still a couple big issues though, the night vision mode is broken (cameras diverge or something), same with the sniper rifle zoom mode. I can live with these, by setting the Main Eye option in VorpX and closing my other eye in these modes, but if you want to have a look, here is a save with the sniper rifle: https://framadrop.org/r/A9mI_LDKx9#8QaTB10opuLra8vNllkAd8ez2SoVpvn1AKzHk9fB9VQ=
    Use the X and W keys to activate NV and zoom modes.

RJK_
    Participant

Nightmode should work now, also “W”. I noticed a random Weapon flicker in “W” but that should be good now. What remains unfixed are the lighting borders on ammo boxes, but i think we can live with that.

Updated Profile is in the cloud.

Ovo
    Participant

It works beautifully! Nice work, thanks again.
    Was it simple to fix? If it’s not hardcore shader programing maybe I could learn. If so, do you know or have written a guide about it somewhere?
    You seem to have a lot more general knowledge about engines, graphics API and stuff than I have, though.

RJK_
    Participant

I would say it can become very time taking, especially when a profile has to be redone for some resaons.No guide yet, I would suggest as a good start off to use the vorpx shader tools that every user has access to. With these you can fix many things yourself already.

Ovo
    Participant

Ok thanks. Yes I use the simple shader authoring tool already.

dayto11
    Participant

Hi sorry to bother but how do i install dgvoodo for this game? Im a noob

RJK_
    Participant
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!