Starting VorpX changes mouse acceleration setting

Homepage Forums Technical Support Starting VorpX changes mouse acceleration setting

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    jjensson
    Participant

Hi Ralf!

I had this issue previously and finally narrowed down the culprit. I don’t have an HMD at the moment, since i’m waiting for a new one, and have not used VorpX in weeks. And i forgot about the issue, because it didn’t happen lately.

Today i decided to look up something in the help, and started VorpX. Suddenly, my mouse acceleration was enabled again (i always disable mouse acceleration, because i can’t stand the non-linearity).

Why does this happen? Is there any way to fix it? Any workaround?

Ralf
    Keymaster

I’ll take a look at it. Normally vorpX should read the current state when you start it and then reset it on exit if it changed while vorpX was running. That is done because you can disable mouse acceleration in the vorpX ingame menu which can make sense for better head tracking in older games. The reset to the launch-state on exiting vorpX is a failsafe in case a game that changed the setting crashes.

What is not supposed to happen though is that vorpX changes the state on launch. Can’t really imagine currently how that would be be possible, but I’ll check it to be sure.

jjensson
    Participant

I admit that i’m not sure if it was after launch, or if it happened after i exited. But the result was as described in my post.

[EDIT] Just checked it again, and could not reproduce it. It seems to happen only under certain circumstances, not every time.

Ralf
    Keymaster

If you change the setting while vorpX is running, vorpX will reset it on exit to the state at launch. That is intended (see above) and probably what happend.

jjensson
    Participant

Hmh, could be. I’ll keep an eye on it, and report if it happens again. Thanks!

HaKue
    Participant

Hi. It happens to me too. But I have to start a game with vorpx in the background. After leaving the game (and vorpx is still running), the cursor changed the accelaration-optimization from disabled to enabled. Every time after using vorpx i have to readjust the mouseconfig…

Ralf
    Keymaster

VorpX backs up the current state of the Windows mouse acceleration setting on start and resets it to the backup value on exit.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!